Thread Rating:
Hibs v Ross County, Tues 8 Nov, KO 7.45pm
Hibs return to ER Stadium after another away "skelping" by a Dons team that isnae that good. One can just hope and pray that this team can win this kinda home match v opponents who are not as good as Hibs. However, a team without Boyly, and without the battling qualities to combat aggressive home sides like AFC, tells us that we are prob looking at a "nail-biting" affair from a Hibs side that is also not being managed very well at all. We need to win this match and accumulate points to "stay in the mix" for that 3rd placed position for as long as possible. We must do what the Dons are doing and win our home games at all cost - try to avoid a freefall situation, a downward-spiral needs to be avoided and certain players in our team really have to take the responsibility to lead and encourage others to perform. C'mon Hibs! Perform properly, create and score the requisite goals! Hopefully VAR will not hinder our progress unlike what we've been seeing for weeks where wrong VAR decisions at various Scot footie grounds are definitely deciding the outcome of too many footie matches - an absolute disgrace!!

GGTTH
URGENT - joiner required to repair shoogly peg.
Cabbage is still good for you
Just back from ER, a stadium with no atmosphere whatsoever tonight, and this was utter crud v more utter crud - the football on show was absolutely dire and Hibs are clearly a team with no identity without Boyly. The Staggies weren't much better TBF!! The 1st half was really unimpressive "huff n puff" footie with not a single shot on target from either of these dreadful sides until the additional time when lotsa Hibs defenders couldn't even properly focus for the last 30 secs to avoid losing a goal from a rare Ross Co corner kick - absolutely unforgiveable!!! The lack of fundamental skills like passing a ball properly and crossing a ball accurately plus slow side to side build up play were sorely evident for most of this game. Johnson has clearly lost the ability to even lift this Hibs side and his set up, decision-making and choice of player are highly questionable. I find it hard to watch Hibs being outbattled by other footie teams with fewer resources compared to HFC and IMO that is down to the manager. Why play three CBs v this awful level of opposition that Hibs should be capable of beating fairly comfortably??? In Hibs midfield, Hendo and Newell "beg to deceive" - they contribute the odd pass here and there, but they offer no serious responsibility or drive to actually change a match that, in this case, was in need of someone with the required playing attributes and nous to actually do it. In the case of Hendo, why on earth even play this lad after that previous debacle at Pittodrie? Hibs have now been overtaken by Livingston, a club with far less resources, that certainly dealt with/beat the Dons tonight, an AFC team that I previously rated not too highly even after Hibs defence making them look good!!! Proved correct!! There are enough grounds to get rid of Johnson now - NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND THE PREVIOUS WARNINGS OF SUNDERLAND FANS ARE CONFIRMED AGAIN!! This team has no substance, no identity about it, just "going through the motions" and I don't get what Johnson is trying to achieve with his game strategy and line-ups. I fear we are entering a "freefall situation" after watching that shit show tonight!! This was an important match to attain 3rd place again v poor opponents who will likely be relegated this time around - FAILED MISERABLY MR JOHNSON!!! Thumb down
hibeejim21 likes this post
5 defeats in 6, and a lot of goals shipped. So yer right ritchie.

That was our worst showing of the season no doubt, an absolutely atrocious performance. Ross Co had 2 attacks and scored from them both ffs Laugh Porto is having an absolute 'mare at the moment. I can't understand any of that that because we had a lot to play for tonight.

I don't mind LJ but we've seen enough to suggest his decisions and tactics can be a bit ropey. His after game interview was pitiful, thought he was going to burst into tears at one point.

I'm torn between getting him a bit more experience and steel to the side in January to help him out, or just binning him and getting Lenny to take the side for the rest of the season Laugh
0762 likes this post
I think the heckling and booing from thousands of Hibs fans (many of them leaving as no faith in any Hibs comeback from this lot!!) towards him after that ridiculous (but expected) 2nd goal speaks volumes re where he stands in the eyes of lotsa fans who have seen through his shit management style!! Funnily enough, he was standing next to a Ross Co manager who many reckon should've been in the Hibs dugout if they had their way in the close season.
And nae wonder. You've knocked your pan in all day at work and you just want to go along and see your football team show something, anything and you get served up that pish.

The maddening thing is that we are still only 2 points off 3rd spot. Which is why the board wont be making any changes soon.
I'd like to know who initiates the defensive coaching at East Mains as it needs to be reviewed. A basic function of picking up attacking players has been violated in recent matches and needs to be sorted out asap. It's also a pity that Darren McGregor is "past it" because he would've been a decent replacement for the likes of Porto who has toiled ever since his moments of inspiration during the week after his Scotland debut. He couldn't sustain the fine form that gained the recognition from Stevie Clarke. Darren sits on the subs' bench, but IMO will never "enter the fray" unless there is no other option.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »