Thread Rating:
Aberdeen FC v Hibs, 4 Nov, KO7.30pm
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/jo...-encounter

Lee Johnson expecting an exciting match. However, he said the same thing re our last away fixture v Celtic albeit a different proposition v the Scot Prem Champions. The Dons were absolutely rank rotten in their last match at Ibronx, an absolute disgrace v a team that had a good "going over" in Naples a few days before their match. They have a decent home record though. Therefore, Hibs need to be defensively strong from start to finish. Boyly out injured! Where is McGeady after months of waiting for his return? I really hope we get a positive result tonight and start pushing to grab that 3rd top spot - GOTTA EARN IT THOUGH!! IMO this is gonna be a tough match v opposition that we can definitely beat. I think we need to "battle" for it all the same and effectively fight to keep up the momentum until the World Cup temp closure of fixtures. C'mon Hibs! Keep it going!!

GGTTH
Looking forward to this, i'm quite liking these friday night games.

Be nice if VAR actually was kind to us for once.
Guess i answered my own question..... Scandalous decision tonight for the sheeps pk, this is what worried me about VAR in Scotland. The same clowns/huns operate and review the system.

Other than that we have the same issues - play well and dominate the game, then slightest bit of adversity or a bad decision and we crumble. The same shite Lennon used to moan about back in the day. Our defending tonight was an absolute joke, porto had a car-crash and Hanlon might as well have been on a sun lounger somewhere. Up top wasn't much better with our shooting being abysmal.

And again LJs game management has to be questioned. Why so long to bring on a 2nd forward ? At least make the opposition work to beat us ffs. We are not a bad side but we have issues with our mentality (and i feel ive been saying that for years now) and a manager that can't change games.
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
Yep! VAR tonight? Doh It's ultimately all down to having competent officials running the system - been exposed as inadequate well before this match!! We've lost 10 goals in the last two away matches, a huge issue!! The same concerns and questions arise again - Johnson's poor management of this side and the fact we need at least one new centre back who is physically strong and defensively sound. I'd suggest somebody like Livy's Guthrie. Why play a lightweight like Hendo in this type of match? We also need a solid defensive midfield player. 3k Hibs fans took the time n trouble to travel up to Pittodrie last night - that disgraceful result makes it even more unacceptable that these players can't "battle" in the way expected by the fans who follow them - a total embarrassment and lack of mental capacity and leadership on and off the pitch!!! Disappointed doesn't even get close to the feeling re this expected result/implosion!!! IMO we won't attain 3rd place in the Scot Prem and yet it is clear the likes of the Dons are not a great team at all.
ritchiebaby and hibeejim21 like this post
VAR has only been up here a wee while and there has been some shockers already.

off the top of my head - st mirrens disallowed goal in the first week of var, celtics non pk at tynecastle, aberdeens pk against us, watts referral for a red getting downgraded to yellow. Theres probably more too.

it's already shaping up to be a clownshow.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »