Thread Rating:
Hibs v St Johnstone, Fri 21 October, KO 7.30pm
A bit of history created tomorrow night with the introduction of VAR to Scot footie for the first time - we'll see how that goes eh!! And Hibs announcing a sell out crowd and they'll have the biggest crowd at ER Stadium in 33 years. I've no idea what Hibs team will show up for this match. I just hope they have recovered from that 6-1 thrashing at Celtic Park. Will a recognised Hibs centre forward finally score a goal in this fixture? I'd like to think so, but I'm not optimistic at all!! Hopefully somebody will "step up to the plate" and score the requisite goals - we really need to "get back on track" pronto and the guys will have a huge Hibs support backing them!! C'mon Hibs, no excuses!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ho...ll-be-used

VAR explained eh! No goal line technology though!
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/re...-johnstone

FT 1-2 and my concerns are becoming reality!! That's three consecutive defeats and I think there is more failure to come after this self-inflicted shambles in front of an expectant Hibs crowd, a full house. Magennis dismissed on a second yellow card, the game "turns on a sixpence" and Hibs can't hold a 1-0 lead in under two mins after the dismissal???????????? A shocker v this poor level of opponent who should've been "put to bed" long before the Magennis incident!! Btw Magennis clearly "done in" after an hour (he has just returned after a long-term injury!!!) and our clown of a manager doesn't follow common sense to replace him for two obvious reasons - what an idiot as well as Magennis himself who knew he had a yellow card to his name - you don't let the team down in a position when we are only 1-0 ahead!!!! Thumb down I still blame Johnson for this game-changing problem - he had the problem in his hands and could've taken the initiative away from the player, DIDN'T DO IT!! I think we're in deep shit now - we'll see how "cream puff" this group of players is compared with the last lot from last season!! Note Jack Ross sacked after five consecutive defeats. I wouldn't put it past this lot doing the same AGAIN!! To say I'm livid is an understatement as this whole failure was avoidable IMO and one thing was imperative for this manager tonight and it was, "Do not lose this match at all cost"!! What a #### up, a case of "shooting yourself in the foot", three pts blown away v opponents who were there to be beaten - Kuharewich could've won this game for us in the first 15 mins!! No prolific CF and we've been debating this fact for a long time; he finally scored a well headed 1st goal for Hibs, but not enough based on all the scoring opps.
Well I thought we got a reaction first half and played well, should have been out of sight. I never felt we were in danger til the sending off then we lost 2 laughable goals..... Has to be said Porto did not look great.

There are real concerns with LJ s in game management for sure, his decisions 2nd half were quite bizarre and helped us lose.

A real sore one, in front of a sell out crowd. Seriously pissed off.
0762 likes this post
I've previously said it after the Celtic thrashing: huge concerns re this team's confidence being "battered" and a sudden fragility possibly pervading the whole group esp as games start being lost on a regular basis. IMO the next game is a huge one where Hibs either "hit the rot" and lose again or we have enough "leaders" in the team to lead and overcome a losing run of matches to "get back on track" to compete for that 3rd place position in the Scot Prem. Our next fixture is v Saint Mirren and I think we have a good chance of winning it v a team that has just leapfrogged above us due to their win v Dundee United. God forbid the thought, but if we lose - that will be four consecutive defeats and Hibs potentially "falling into freefall" plus another Hibs manager placed under huge pressure to sort it out or leave. IMO he can't expect to survive after losing a home match to the Buddies under these circumstances.
Also a brief comment re Ryan Porteous after having another look at both Saint Johnstone goals on a video rerun - what has happened to this lad in the space of a couple of weeks????? He was in "seventh heaven" after his positive Scotland stint, scored a couple of important game-changing goals Hibs. And yet he has flogged this match with a real lack of defensive commitment and nous for both goals - both avoidable if he'd done his defensive duties properly!!! I'm wondering if he was injured???? It has been even more disappointing watching this again and his lack of drive and passion in winning both headers, esp the one that Stevie May should never have got anywhere near at all. I can't believe he didn't "attack the flight of the ball" and clear it v an opponent like May who isn't the tallest player in the world!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »