Thread Rating:
Hibs away match v Dundee Utd has been postponed!
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ci...-postponed

All Cinch Prem matches postponed as a mark of respect for the sad passing of HM Queen Elizabeth II.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Correct decision
Good tribute from the jumbos last night i heard Laugh
0762 likes this post
I briefly watched this half-time farce after being texted about it - wowww!! And a minority Union Jack "presence" at Tynecastle not quite interpreting what a minute's silence means! Very unimpressive!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/foo...fc7dbfe1f9

This is a topic of debate that I wasn't aware of!
(09-09-2022, 19:40)hibeejim21 Wrote: Good tribute from the jumbos last night i heard  Laugh

So tell me sir, what did you hear? I can Clarify what took place if you so wish but I’m fairly certain you maybe know by now what actually happened. No surprise that Tynie07magic liked your post. Remember Tynie07magic was the guy who openly stated publicly on a football forum that he hoped a Hibs player would break Rudi Skacels leg( the old 606 Forum for those not in the know). That very 0762 is the fella you guys all seem to worship. Utter dregs
Play nicely boys!

My own view, now non biased, is that the same thing would have happened in the same circumstances at Easter Road.........indeed perhaps more so bearing in mind  the contingent in Hibs support who like to be associated with the Republicans in Ireland who obviously are not Royalists!

It will be interesting to see what reaction there will be at Easter Road on Saturday as there is bound to be some tribute?  ( provided the game goes ahead of course) Huh
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
I suspect you are right HB, even that aside not all football fans are into the monarchy and i suspect what happened at tynecastle would have happened at a lot of grounds. And flat out wouldn't have been observed at celtic or liverpool.

I think its part of the reason the footie was cancelled and the cricket,polo and racing went ahead. I might be wrong though.
0762, HerefordBull, ritchiebaby like this post
Would be observed more in England. Wales and N Ireland ( protestant areas!!) Obviously in Scotland, the Republican movement /SNP is very prominent and pushing ahead for Indyref2. A fair percentage of any Scottish grounds attendance will be pro this movement and look to disrupt any minutes silence........then of course pro royalists take offence and general disruption takes place as we saw at Tynecastle the other night. Their best bet is a minutes applause so any "noises" are drowned out.

I suppose I must add a word of caution here that I don't want the thread going down the political route as to the fors and againsts to the monarchy question and whether Scotland should be independent. There are plenty of other forums for these issues to be "discussed".
"FOREVER UNITED"
I think that is the difficulty with setting one minute's silence at a football ground and why there is a tendency to favour a minute's applause instead as you intimated - not a coincidence for obvious reasons. However, they couldn't do that re the Queen's passing. I did find it quite interesting that the military personnel singing "God save the king" in Edinburgh Castle were booed and heckled by quite a lot of random people/visitors on Friday although the media tried to "play it down". That little incident just proves there are lotsa opponents with contrary views to the homilies of unity etc being preached by the bbc and others. I don't wanna go "political" on this either, esp during such a sombre period of reflection, but it is necessary to quietly say, "The media don't speak for everyone here. A lot of the stuff being uttered? We don't agree. That's the way it is"!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »