Thread Rating:
Livingston FC v Hibs, Sat 13 August, KO 3.00pm
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/li...rs-preview

Another tricky match coming up on that dreaded artificial pitch in Livingston and a big expectant Hibs support definitely gonna show up in a game with weather conditions much like matches played in Spain every week (but without the artificial pitch!). Lee Johnson saying he's "excited" re Hibs progress and coming to Livingston's ground. I must say that this match has become very important for Hibs and I really wanna see the boys winning this game. IMO it is imperative to set up a strategy to overcome the various constraints on the pitch, and the Lions' players, to get a huge positive boost esp after that morale-boosting result last weekend v Hertz. IMO it means nowt if we can't push on and overcome the Lions. Johnson must set high targets and this one isn't close to our ultimate target, but the threat from them must be respected. As usual, goal scoring could be a nagging issue again. However, Boyly has returned full of vigour and enthusiasm. Lets keep him as an "impact sub" until his fitness is "up to scratch". It looks like Campbell will be sidelined, Paul Hanlon almost back to full fitness and Stevo similarly recovering from injury. Johnson still got decent options although admitting Hibs may enter the transfer market again even though they are slightly over-budget. C'mon Hibs! Don't falter on this crap artificial pitch again!!

GGTTH
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/li...n-2-hibs-1

New manager, same "banana skin" v a fairly average side from Livingston who have the usual advantage on this shit artificial pitch although Hibs creating the usual goal opps after 1-1 and not taking them - nothing new and how many Hibs fans "read this script" before the game even started eh??? Hibs drawing in a big Hibs support this afternoon and it did nowt to change it v this lot plus a 2-1 defeat that already negates the previous positivity-"bounce" after last week's uplifting Derby result. My response to this shit result is the same comment that many Hibs fans would be similarly uttering - "STOP LOSING TO THIS PARTICULAR FOOTBALL TEAM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And sign a prolific striker FFS or this is gonna be a very long season indeed with no great improvement at all apart from Boyly's return where hopefully he'll retrieve some of his previous goal scoring form that will at least "bail out" Hibs in certain matches.

GGTTH
New season and the same problem, the spine of the team, from defence, midfield to attack, we are still going along with the failed spine of years despite even Stevie Wonder able to see the issue. Four managers have lost there job and all of them played Joe bloody Newell, maybe one day a manager will wake up and realise he's a problem, just not good enough. Hanlons had his day aswell and it's time to call it a day, and Doidge is just a big huddy who shouldn't be on a pitch as a striker in a Hibs team. Ron Gordon needs to sort this same mess that we keep seeing season on season and time to do it before the window shuts.
0762 likes this post
I said in my OP that Hibs transfer business is slightly over-budget according to Johnson who iterated this was the case in one of his recent interviews. Move certain players out to bring in other players who can do a serious job for Hibs and contribute greatly in the positions that are failing. Will he do that anyway?? Who knows eh!! That is Livingston already above Hibs in the Scot Prem!!! Thumb down So to recap - Hibs already out of the Betfred Cup, no source of much needed revenue in this tourney. Now we lose to a team we hardly ever beat ever since Marvin Bartley moved to the Lions a few years ago and they are not that good - historical league positions confirm that fact!! They are normally stuffy, physical and make life difficult for their opponents!! Various Hibs managers have fallen to them and their style of play; the latest one appears to have not heeded the warning signals re, for starters, Hibs rotten record v them. In other words - Do your basic homework son and even defend comprehensively and "kill off the game" if that is the only way to get a result!!! In one of Johnson's early interviews, he expressed great surprise that the Scot Prem had artificial pitches that were permitted to be used in such a top league. He didn't think that was right (a sentiment I share wholeheartedly and have opposed the use of these pitches for years!) and relished the prospect of playing on them as a new challenge!!!? That end comment certainly concerned me re a manager who was actually unaware of such a situation in the Scot Prem. Therefore he has no managerial nous of the potential threat posed to Hibs on these particular pitches and how to best approach and tackle these fixtures effectively!!
BouncingHibees likes this post
We signed a dozen players in the summer......incredible.

You guys have covered it all really, we are a mess from top to bottom. Gordon has nae a scooby how to run a club.

We need 3 or 4 proven SPL standard players into the spine of this team pronto.. Or it's going to be a long season.

Melkersen isn't a wide player and doidge is getting worse. Some of the decisions LJ is making are concerning me... But it's still very early days for him.
0762, ritchiebaby, BouncingHibees like this post
I must add IMO Hibs are starting to resemble the way Dundee FC was being run - very similar in certain aspects of the operation of the club and the people who were appointed by American owners who seem to be endowed with similar deluded attitudes re running a footie business and how to link the footie product to get the best out of the football club. Hibs and the current owner have discarded that certain pedigree in signing and appointing people who were accountable and offered a decent standard to improve the progress of the 1st team in the long term. Time is not on their side IMO and I doubt Hibs fans will tolerate even a fairly short period of poor performances.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »