Thread Rating:
Hibs 1 Hertz 1 - BOYLY IS BACK!!!
Thumbs Up 
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibs-1-hearts-1
Just back from watching a dramatic last secs equaliser by the returning Hibs prodigal son/legend, Martin Boyle, to make the final score 1-1 and boyyyyy, it was one of those late dramas at ER Stadium that really felt like a victory with all those Hertz fans convinced they'd won v a Hibs side that didn't perform that well in the second half!!!! Youan sets up Boyly and a guy/striker who knows how to score a goal, an important one at that, "bangs it home" into Gordon's goal, instantly shutting up all those away fans, and the euphoric reaction from a full house Hibs support was epic! Thumb up What a transformed atmosphere and post-match, Leith hostelries absolutely "buzzing" well into the afternoon with lotsa Hibs fans in a celebratory mood. It was just too bad we never had any time left to "rub Neilson's nose in it" re some of his uppity remarks preceding this match. The result mattered esp in front of such a huge Hibs support. Well done!! Thumb up

GGTTH
That will do nicely!!
Loved shutting them up with a late equaliser, how many times have they turned us over late on ? And i thought we should have scored just before it too.

That said i didn't think we played particularly well, ok in the first half but pretty poor 2nd when hertz were really dangerous on the counter. The midfield seems too slow and lightweight to me and our defence has too many clowncar moments to feel totally secure. Positives are that we have a good array of forwards now and Nisbet still to come back.

Cheatin' beaton was absolutely outrageous again the day. Did not try to hide it one bit.

30 odd quid a ticket was pushing it big style.
0762 likes this post
Yep! This result, albeit welcome, still doesn't disguise the lack of a prolific striker who would transform our attacking forages up front and oh to find that true ball-playing midfield player who would balance out Hibs midfield considerably with the additional creative skill and calm authority required on and off the ball. I also think Porto needs an "experienced head" alongside him to "keep him right" - too many momentary lapses of concentration/unforced errors in needlessly losing possession of the ball.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »