Thread Rating:
Saint Johnstone v Hibs, Sat 30 July, KO 3.00pm
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/te...-johnstone

Well the Scot Prem season starts tomorrow in Perth for Hibs and sadly not having the best prep period leading up to this match. However, Johnson's update has some positive news re player availability and the 1st team players' ambition to do well. I have no idea how this will turn out as our striking capability really is IMO "up in the air" esp when Johnson comments that Melkersen does a lotta good stuff on Hibs left flank. I wanna see him up front in the Saints' pen box looking to "sniff out" and convert any goal opps that come his way!! Anyway, I'm hoping Hibs kick off their Scot Prem campaign with a decent performance and victory, all positive stuff to talk about please!! Fingers crossed!! Rolleyes

GGTTH
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62275138
Just back and a 0-1 victory didn't reflect how well Hibs dominated most of this match and, as usual, scorning too many very good scoring opps in front of a big Hibs away support. Hendo's early scoring effort from a great Cabraja cross was absolutely cringeworthy - a shocking effort that I will say I could've competently converted myself - should've scored and it was embarrassing from his point of view!! Hibs kept at it though v 10 men and finally got their just reward in the dying mins of this game - a winning goal from a deflected header by young Josh Campbell. A bit of luck involved in it, but a fine pick out by Ewan Henderson (atoned for that early "miss" in the 1st half) with time running out fast!! Cabraja definitely the MOTM in this game and pinging some great crosses to Hibs players in the Saints' pen box who should be doing better with this kinda wing service. The Croatian lad looks like he could be one to watch for Hibs this season. Saints down to 10 men, IMO Murray Davidson a tad unlucky to be red-carded. Saints demanding similar retribution for Cabraja for an uncompromising second half tackle! Not sure re that call, thought the yellow card decision prob correct. Worth a video review to judge it again, but I'll take the 3 pts, happy with that positive result and we move on! Well done!! But we still need that elusive prolific striker! If he was present, Hibs would be top of the Scot Prem tonight on GD!!

GGTTH
Should have been a more comfortable win against whats probably going to be the whipping boys this season. Our forward play just isnae good enough at the moment, Hendo's miss an absolute shocker!!! Cabraja looks a real find though, although he was fortunate not to see Red 2nd half, and i agree with 0762 that the saints boy was harshly sent off.

Much harder tests to come, but that will do for now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »