Thread Rating:
Hibs 1 Norwich City 0
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hi...ich-city-0

Only a friendly match, but a Hibs striker, Melkersen, delivers a morale-boosting win for Hibs this afternoon! Thumb up David Marshall and Chris Cadden both sidelined with sickness and injury respectively while Porto given the skipper's armband - is Johnson occasionally reading my threads/suggestions lol??? A more telling stat is the fact that lotsa scoring opps created and all of them squandered apart from the winning goal by the Norwegian lad. The striking issue is IMO a serious one esp in tight games where a solid temperament and guile are required as well as the natural ability to score crucial goals. I don't think Hibs have these attributes yet and the days are counting down to the start of the Scot Prem season. One can only hope Melkersen "kicks off a successful striking campaign" from today onwards!! Doidgy definitely not got it as far I can see - disnae move like a predatory striker gambling on diagonal runs or "ghosting" into great scoring positions. Bring in Sparky, a free agent, on a pay as you go contract basis (or similar!) with bonus payments on goal deliveries??? And bin the sanctimonious stuff!!? WE NEED A PROVEN STRIKER!

GGTTH
There are high hopes for Melkersen, the word from east mains is that there is faith he is going to be a really good player.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »