Thread Rating:
Business
Wycombe Wanderers captain Joe Jacobson has signed a new contract for the 2022-23 season.

The 35-year-old has played more than 350 games for the club and will now spend a ninth campaign at Adams Park.

Jacobson made 49 appearances, scoring four goals, last season as Wycombe reached the play-off final before losing to Sunderland at Wembley.

Midfielders Dominic Gape and Lewis Wing have also agreed new deals to stay with the Chairboys.

Wycombe have yet to sign any new players for next season, but have lost Anthony Stewart and David Stockdale to Aberdeen and Sheffield Wednesday respectively, and striker Adebayo Akinfenwa has retired.

Exact details of the deals agreed with Jacobson, Gape and Wing have not been disclosed.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Wycombe have signed striker D'Mani Mellor following his release by Manchester United.

The 21-year-old played for the Red Devils since the age of eight and made his only senior appearance, in the Europa League, in 2019.

He represented the club in every age group from Under-9s up to the first team.

He spent time on loan with Salford City from August to February, making three appearances.

Wycombe manager Gareth Ainsworth signed a one-year contract extension last week after leading the Chairboys to the League One play-off final, where they lost to Sunderland.

Wycombe have re-signed central defender Alfie Mawson on a one-year deal.

The 28-year-old former Chairboys player of the year returns to Adams Park after being released by Fulham in May.

Mawson had been training with Gareth Ainsworth's League One side before signing a contract.

He played a pivotal part in their run to the 2015 League Two play-off final and then swept the board at Wanderers' end-of-season honours while on loan from Brentford.

Mawson subsequently helped Barnsley earn promotion to the Championship and moved to then-Premier League Swansea City in August 2016, becoming an unused member of England's senior squad for friendlies before the 2018 World Cup while with the Swans.

The former England Under-21 international joined Fulham in a deal worth up to £20 million in August 2018, but was loaned to Bristol City for much of the 2020-21 season and did not play regularly during the Cottagers' 2021-22 promotion campaign.

Wycombe host Shrewsbury Town in League One on Saturday.

League One side Wycombe Wanderers have signed former Sheffield Wednesday forward Charles Hagan.

The 20-year-old, who spent time with Chelsea as a youth player, made just one first-team appearance for the Owls, coming off the bench in an EFL Cup defeat by Fulham in September 2020.

He featured for non-league side Hampton & Richmond on loan last season.

Wycombe handed Hagan a deal after he trained and played with the club during pre-season.

Wycombe have signed goalkeeper Harvey Cartwright on loan from Hull City for the rest of the season.

The 20-year-old has made three appearances for the Tigers and is an England Under-20 international.

He had a loan spell at Peterborough earlier in the season but injuries restricted him to one appearance.

Cartwright will provide additional cover for Wycombe first-choice Max Stryjek as they look to force their way into the top six in League One.

The Chairboys, who do not play again until their trip to Port Vale on 4 February, are currently seventh.

Wycombe Wanderers have signed striker Chem Campbell from Wolves on loan for the rest of the season.

The 20-year-old joins a Chairboys side who are eighth in League One, just two points outside the play-off places.

Campbell has made eight appearances for Wolves, five of them as a Premier League substitute this season.

"For Chem to get out and play first-team football is exactly what he needs," Wolves sporting director Matt Hobbs told the club website.

"He's outgrown under-21 football and isn't getting as many minutes as he'd like here, so we're getting him out to get a good number of games, so he can come back in pre-season ready to go."

Wycombe are next in action with a trip to Port Vale on Saturday.

Campbell is their second loan signing of the transfer window following Hull goalkeeper Harvey Cartwright.

Wycombe Wanderers captain Joe Jacobson has agreed a new contract for next season with the League One club.

The 36-year-old left-back has made 381 appearances for the club since arriving from Shrewsbury Town in 2014.

Jacobson announced the news at a sponsors' dinner on Tuesday.

Wycombe reached the League One play-off final last season before losing to Sunderland and are currently eighth in the table, three points short of Bolton and Derby in fifth and sixth.

"Not many players sign for a club at the age of 27 and stay there for a decade," said Jacobson.

"My first game at Adams Park for Wycombe was the gaffer's [Matt Bloomfield] testimonial and I never thought I'd be celebrating with my own testimonial here, but I've loved every minute of my time here and I'm really happy to commit my future here for another year."

Wycombe are at home to MK Dons on Saturday.

Wycombe Wanderers midfielder Josh Scowen has agreed a contract extension to the end of next season.

The 30-year-old began his career with the Chairboys and rejoined the club from Sunderland in the summer of 2021.

Scowen was last season's Supporters' Player of the Year and has made 28 appearances this term, scoring twice.

Wycombe are eighth in League One, two points outside the play-off spots, and are away to third-placed Ipswich Town on Friday.

Scowen was previously a member of the Barnsley team which won promotion to the Championship via the play-offs in 2016.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »