Thread Rating:
Rangers v Hibs, Sunday 3 October, KO 3.00pm
I wonder what we will be treated to on Sunday ?

My guess ? Constant moaning about Racism in Prague in the build up, then on Sunday the crowd at ibrox will boo the taking of the knee and lord it up with anti catholic and anti irish racism. Their captain recently posed with union bear fans who have been banned for being racists ffs Laugh The hypocrisy is stunning and would almost be admirable if they weren't such poisonous oafs.

On the park ? They have had 4 red cards in their last 8 euro ties. Compare and contrast with their record in Scotland. As ever the player i'm most worried about is the man in black.
For example, reflect back to the Slavia Prague match at Ibronx last season when they should've had four players sent off rather than two - in the pm media coverage the Rangers "kickers" totally obscured by a racist incident on Kamara (rightly condemned at the time btw); but the Slavia Prague goalie badly assaulted in a horrific challenge, one of the worst I've ever seen in years n years of watching Euro footie, that could've been fatal and lotsa dreadful tackles by Rangers players all over the pitch plus the Govan club seriously outclassed by a better side that is capable of eliminating some English Prem sides - conveniently ignored! I slammed into the bbc on Fri afternoon in a scathing text after listening to the most ridiculous one-sided presentation of Rangers "hurt" on the bbc radio news whilst not even mentioning RFC's own fans' racist and sectarian activities (in the past 6 months) plus the fact Kamara was booed (deemed to be racist???) by Sparta fans/kids and Gerrard unaware of any wrongdoing throughout the game - media creation of this problem initiated post-match and Gerrard happy to "jump on the bandwagon". The hypocrisy was breathtaking! Also good to see the reaction from Czechoslovakia footie and other Czech officials vociferous and the accusations deemed groundless with no evidence.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Is someone who boos a black player racist? Apparently so, but this is a further example of a seemingly successful glossing over of Rangers' own shortcomings.

There will probably be Rangers/media condemnation of a few Hibs' fans watching the match on the big screens at Easter Road to reinforce my view.
Cabbage is still good for you
Good start from the boys - 0-1 Nisbet.

Referee giving the huns everything as per - 2 non existent fouls in the first 20 mins alone.

And theres the ref doing his bit - Porteous sent off. Never a red card. If thats a red you might as well ban slide tackles completely.
(30-09-2021, 00:04)0762 Wrote: A cup final in front of no fans Ritchie. We'll see how Walsh handles the demands of a volatile crowd at Ibronx with no Hibs fans attending at all.

How prophetic my thread #7 has already been proved to be - years of watching this kinda shit by refs at Ibronx (and elsewhere on occasions!) and not surprised by this latest ref display - totally "lost the plot" comes to mind!!! Thumb down Also that well timed McGinn tackle penalised with a yellow card? Absolute shit!!! The SPFL and associated clubs soon to be debating VAR eh!! I wish it was already in play at this match just to expose the blatant bias in what are gonna be defining moments for them because they were surprisingly down by one goal inside 8 mins and what a good goal it was too by Kevin Nisbet CANNAE HAVE THAT SITUATION EH!!! The big question being asked before by lotsa Scot footie fans was, "What is it going to take to get VAR installed at footie grounds in Scotland"????? The failure to install VAR is "killing" the game here, and as each week passes it simply becomes more and more obvious that it is not only required, but should be demanded by the fans. The referees are making a mockery of the game up here in Scotland and have been doing it for a long time!! They may not like it, but VAR is in desperate need here in Scotland even if it does show up the obvious bias some referees display. It will make the game better by insisting teams, players, clubs - everybody - is held to the same unbiased level. Like it or loathe it, VAR is a success and those who don't want it are the very ones who would benefit as the camera is impartial and doesn't lie. It should be installed now IMO - asap and the SFA and SPFL have the finances to support VAR. What is it going to take to lift Scot footie "out of the gutter" in this regard? English referees coming up here to officiate, with Scottish refs heading south to get an education in how to officiate a footie match properly??? Anyway, lets get VAR in and emulate the other big leagues in Europe that have been using it for quite a while and there is no clamour to remove it either.
And now the 1-1 scoreline materialises - anybody surprised?? Just a matter of time as I'VE READ THIS BOOK BEFORE MANY TIMES!! Thumb down
They are diving about desperately trying for a pk now Laugh

Once again we are done by the officials in these games, not an earthly any hun player would be sent off for that challenge.
0762 likes this post
How many matches v them has it been since a reasonably decent referee has actually officiated a game!!???? The defining moments/incidents that have been initiated by refs are astounding! Thumb down For example, remember the blatant stamp by Morelos on Porteous at ER last season - definitely viewed (an unimpeded view from 4 metres) by ref Clancy and a deserved red card would've changed the course of the match!! Lotsa other defining moments given to them btw - AN ABSOLUTE FARCE!! The only red cards 'dished out' to Rangers players in 12 months are by Euro refs - GLARING AND FARCICAL!!
2-1 Rangers and the despicable "fat boy" scores the winner - JOB DONE!! WELL DONE THAT REFEREE WHO WE HAD HOPED WAS GONNA BE A REASONABLE OFFICIAL FROM A HIBS POINT OF VIEW - NOTTTTTT!!!!!!! DEJA VU!
This is a xxxx joke..... Sevco are absolutely pish so the refs come to their rescue again. The refs will go all out to help them get the CL spot this season, cos they are donald ducked if they don't get it.

Nae point hoping for VAR to improve things because the same bent hun officials would be reviewing it.
I know where u r coming from Jim, but it is the best option available if applied properly. I'm just watching a rerun of that Porteous tackle and IMO it isn't even a foul, a joke decision!! That bastard ref has wrongly deemed it as a lunge - not a red card in a million years!! A disgrace AGAIN!!
The red card MUST BE APPEALED BY HIBS!!! However, like previous games decided by complicit refs - WE CAN'T CHANGE THE WINNING RESULT FOR THEM AND 3 PTS ACQUIRED THROUGH ANOTHER DODGY REFEREEING DECISION!! DEJA VU AND HOW CONVENIENT EH!!!!! I agree THE GAME IS A BOGEY!! Doing what they did last season and doing it with impunity btw!! The pro-Rangers events of last season were bad enough without any great challenge from relative footie authorities or media!! And now it looks like more of the same FFS!!
Every game last season they did us over v them..... Hibs should be calling it out, today was absolutely ridiculous on so many levels.
But they will say zip.

I'd like to see a replay of their 1st because my thought was that was offside.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »