Thread Rating:
Scottish fitba ref Craig Thomson - partial, impartial or just a total Hearts numpty?
(06-02-2016, 20:38)1Wattie Wrote: Knowing who the referee is for tomorrows match against Hearts I could confidently bet that Hearts will be given a controversial penalty OR Hibs will have a player sent off  in similar circumstances (OR BOTH.) Mr Thomson could turn it into a long hard hurtful afternoon for us.

Nowt new 1Wattie! He's done it before but why is he not accountable to a higher authority by now???? He's 43 years old and been officially hovering around the Scottish football leagues for 16 years!!!!! Cool

(06-02-2016, 17:57)ritchiebaby Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 17:43)supercooper Wrote: Really Tv pics showed otherwise infact your manager was embarrased by it too. Is his opinion on it worthless?

I must be watching the wrong TV programmes! I missed Alan Stubbs being embarrassed by it too. To be fair, even my opinion on it is worthless. Only the referee has a worthwhile opinion - he gave the penalty, Hibs scored and won and that's it. Even our favourite referee, Craig Thomson, will have the only definitive opinion tomorrow. Dodgy 
That's the crux of this whole debate! There is generally no comeback against football referees like Thomson - they walk away from their misdemeanours even though SFA assigned referee observers are supposedly located in the stands assessing the ref performances!! In Thomson's case, he was clearly omitted from Embro derbies from 2012 onwards. I'm guessing that somebody at the SFA acknowledged there was a relevant issue re Thomson's lack of impartiality/integrity and finally imposed a discreet ban on him being in charge of any derby fixture. I reckon that individual is no longer at the SFA and his/her absence has bizarrely 'opened the door' to allow Thomson's access to such a derby fixture again.
Read Thomson's Wiki profile and you'll see the description of certain parts of his ref career in Scotland and Europe are not very flattering at all - it's an impartial analysis and also provides fairly accurate comments re certain very contentious ref decisions!!  
But yet you were happy to advance to the final of a cup on his mistake, impartial or not !
Debate why the current football system/authority allows blatant ref offences to happen with no formal recourse, no accountability and no transparent assessment! How often have you seen a referee being suspended or banned in this country? Dougie MacDonald is one example but how many years ago did that fiasco 'kick off' at Tannadice?? Any others since then??
I kind of agree but I just think they should be stood down for a certain amount of time,Gollum Thomson etc think they are untouchable and looking at it they are the SPFL (the clubs too) need to stand up to the SFA regards the refs they are putting there way they are not fit for purpose,I'd have liked to seen Clancy do this game,he's still young and makes mistakes but he's honest IMO.
So that would be a yes then. Double Standards indeed. Bitch and moan when it goes against you, but not a peep when you profit from it .
What you on about now??
He's just being a WUM, fred. He's still going under the misapprehension that Hibs won after being gifted a penalty. It was a foul against the attacking side in the penalty box, therefore a penalty kick was awarded. That's one of the rules.

However, he is right that what has gone before doesn't matter now. We are all allowed to have an opinion though and we are all allowed to express it. Time to move on, only in my opinion, of course.
Cabbage is still good for you
I think I`m due Craig Thomson an apology because I was convinced that he would spoil the day for us. Instead we got a cup tie worthy of the name with both sides pushing for a victory.
Hearts deserved to be ahead at half time but there wasn`t two goals in it and the last 20 minutes proved that we have a team of fighters , at long last, who keep on going until the end.
If we can keep our squad together we will push Rangers all the way but are very well prepared for a return to the Premiership.
IMO he had a reasonable performance (too many prying eyes watching??????) but note his unbeaten derby record for Hearts is still intact after all these years since 2002!! Also he'll bring that record to ER Stadium 1Wattie - don't 'count your chickens' yet and certainly don't apologise after one reasonable (not top class) performance that was indeed welcome!
Thought CT did ok but they were very lucky to finish that game with 11 men, Hertz very 'physical' and committed a lot of fouls today.

Would like to see cummings offside goal again,my view wasn't the best but it still looked a very close call.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »