Thread Rating:
Hibs AGM tomorrow night - questions to ask?
The most recent negative cherry-picking of other clubs' players is undoubtedly last year's incursion of Dundee Utd by Celtic and the consequent mess that is currently evident at Tannadice! It's an easy way to eliminate the competition that SCO refers to.
To follow up on attendances SCO, tonights Championship game between Morton and Raith, fourth v Fifth attracted 1264 fans.

In Saturdays Telegraph sport, Scottish football got there usual 3/4 page...........2/3 a Celtic story, 1/3 a Rangers story.

At least Hibs got a mention on the back of the Scottish Sun..........because there is a rumour that 2 Celtic players ( Allan and Stokes) are coming to us on loan............not.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Was it on TV??
Yep! BBC Alba televised it tonight at a ghost like Cappielow full of empty seats!
So paul murray thinks it would 'probably be the right thing' to put rangers in the top flight for commercial reasons. With that and news that king has written to all SPFL chairmen basically saying forget about our cheating and move on..... i suggest something is most definitely 'up' re this talk of reconstruction.
Rangers are not and have not been the driving force behind any reconstruction talks, all the shouting has come from Falkirk and laughingly Dundee utd.

Clubs like Aberdeen Motherwell etc will not vote for reconstruction, they are too shortsighted financially to see the eventual benefits of it. And i'm sure Hibs would not be adverse to a leg up if they didn't gain promotion.
(16-12-2015, 20:10)supercooper Wrote: £15 a ticket would be fair for an adult and it would probably add another 2 to 3k each home game. Couple that with food, merchandise etc more money coming in bigger smiles in accountancy.  It's not all over for Scottish football, not if radical changes are met, ie summer football is a must. It would be a great trick to entice new fans esp when it's the only show in town for a couple of months.

No' just enticing new fans, but wi' Nae competition fae English fitba' I'm sure better TV deals could be struck
Here's hoping but as i stated some clubs are far too shortsighted.
(19-12-2015, 13:36)supercooper Wrote: Rangers are not and have not been the driving force behind any reconstruction talks, all the shouting has come from Falkirk and laughingly Dundee utd.

Clubs like Aberdeen Motherwell etc will not vote for reconstruction, they are too shortsighted financially to see the eventual benefits of it. And i'm sure Hibs would not be adverse to a leg up if they didn't gain promotion.

I'm not sure what the 'eventual benefits' are though coops. As much as i like the idea of playing each other twice instead of 4 times  clubs can't fill their grounds as it is,replacing games with celtic,aberdeen and rangers with games v queen of the south and falkirk is not going to make anything better.

Perhaps a bigger league is the way to go but not at the expense of clubs going bust.
The product as it is, is finished. Far too many games against each other, as Warburton said in his presser, we have played Hibs and Livi 3 times and its only november ridiculous. Benefits to me would be a fresher league with sides being able to blood more youngsters, without the constant relegation worry. The new league cup format will bulk up fixtures, so revenue loss at a minimum. If clubs start charging fans a fair price to watch the football then perhaps attendances may rise to cover it. And summer football is a must 2 months of no opposition will undoubtably create better TV deals.

Jim clubs will go bust as it stands , it will just take a little longer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »