Thread Rating:
Current Hibs transfer activity - Chris Mueller signed up!
Neither can I. However, there could be a compromise solution for SM whereby he sets up a contract, a proactive one from his perspective, with strict clauses attached to it. Griff either adheres to the agreement and attempts to re-establish a footie career that has stalled due to mental illness or he is dumped again. The onus is still on him to "get a grip" and try to recover plus there's no doubt he'd return to "home ground" at the "drop of a hat". Can't honestly see Maloney doing it esp with good contacts at CFC "giving him the full script" re Griff's stressful end period at Parkhead.
Only my opinion of course and for me there is absolutely no chance that Maloney would want Griffiths anywhere near Easter Road, not even to test the pies.
Looks like Boyly on his way out of ER Stadium after an improved offer from Saudi bidders. A dream move for him and his family and Hibs apparently not playing him in tonight's match. IMO that will be Hibs season over if this is indeed the case. A dependency on a striking misfit like Nisbet or a positive recovery from Doidgy is just a pipedream!! We are done!! Thumb down
I think its a good deal for us too, apparently just under 3 million for a winger touching 30..... It's not to be sniffed at.

Life changing money for him and his family and it makes his commitments with Australia that bit easier. Good luck to him. He's been a fine servant to the club.

Now we need to invest, get behind SM and his vision for the club going forward.
Nae striking capability - proved tonight in that very unimpressive Scot Cup victory v Cove Rangers and Maloney getting pelters from many Hibs fans!
Boyly confirmed off to Saudi and apparently earning £35k pw - a nice little earner eh and good luck to him; we might reap additional monies later on anyway. Some positive news on a similar subject is the coverage of John McGinn's valuation with apparent transfer interest from Liverpool and Man Utd. He is currently valued at £50M-£60M and I'm calculating that Hibs could be a beneficiary to the "tune" of £7M-£9M. That would give us a huge lift after the natural disappointment of losing a goal scorer and goal provider like Boyly.
We've signed ex-Hearts' player Demetri Mitchell from Blackpool on a two and a half year contract. No doubt IJ will tell us about all his faults, but we can turn him into a real footballer.
Cabbage is still good for you
This is a curious signing, Mitchell being a defender/full back. It looks like he has been the subject of a tip-off to give him a chance at HFC as he is potentially a vg player up here at this level of Scot footie.
From memory, he didn't look too bad. But i'd view this as a punt more than anything.
Scott Allen another player that has been told he can go now. Apparently he has had a couple of offers.

Probably the right decision from SM.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »