Thread Rating:
Lenny leaving Hibs!!?
Yeah, beginning to look like wattie has a point. It seems like the manager has been very disappointed with how some of our transfer business has been done, he wanted Allan and christie in from Celtic as part of the mcginn deal.

I'm beginning to think the dressing room bust up was just a handy excuse.
You're not quite accurate there Jim. I have been reliably informed that Lenny "lost roughly half the dressing room" quite a while ago. It looks like it was around the period of that Hearts scandal/match at the PBS when he was hit by a coin and the "murmurings" continued through the new year until now. I actually thought "something was up" when Efe suddenly said he was leaving but I was unaware of these negative activities in the background. Efe was one of Lenny's trusty lieutenants and it definitely "makes sense" to me now - the bits of the jigsaw puzzle come together. Re wattie's good comments, I'm certain Hibs/Leeann will try to avoid a repeat of that Collin's fiasco all these years ago. One last question I'd like to ask though is, "Who is our team captain these days"??? The reason I ask this question is because IMO this person is not doing his job properly esp at this time when a leader within the team should be unifying most of the dressing room and demanding that his team mates play and play well, no hiding!!!! It's an old prob that has pissed me off before to the point when I asked the question at an AGM and the manager acknowledged it was an issue!!
I think today's result will show us the state of things at Easter Road.
If we lose it shows the players have not been trying all along.
If we win it shows they had a personal issue with Lenny.
Either way they have let the club and the fans down and don't deserve to play for a big club like Hibs.
I don't think we learned anything much today, other than if Lennon's lost the dressing room then we need to get someone in fast.

Stubbsy back ? Strachan ?
If Lennon lost the dressing room there must have been an instigator, we need to weed them out and get rid.
(27-01-2019, 23:20)hibeejim21 Wrote: I don't think we learned anything much today, other than if Lennon's lost the dressing room then we need to get someone in fast.

Stubbsy back ? Strachan ?

Wee Goggsy mentioned on bbc Sportsound tonight although I don't see that one happening because of our restricted budget.
Interesting that SDG thinks that nothing out of the ordinary transpired from the players meeting and expressed surprise that the manager was suspended.
(28-01-2019, 16:13)hibeejim21 Wrote: Interesting that SDG thinks that nothing out of the ordinary transpired from the players meeting and expressed surprise that the manager was suspended.

Therefore there has been an interpretation by a board member of a "frank exchange of words" re a football related matter and could the resultant meeting to clarify said "incident" have been extreme to the point of being suspended. IMO the fans have been "kept in the dark" and many of us realise he is one of the best managers that Hibs have ever had since the great days of Eddie Turnbull!! It will be sad for it to end like this!!
Conflicting stories are coming out about Lennon`s "incident" but which one do you believe?
According to one source Lenny was verbally abusive to board members, including Leeann Dempster, and as a result was suspended by the club BUT during the televised game against St Mirren it was reported that Leeann was carrying out an investigation into the incident. Surely if Lenny was suspended for verbally abusing her she could not possibly carry out an unbiased enquiry. Sounds like a "Kangaroo court" to me.
Another source said there was a training field incident which escalated and caused to a serious fall out and that led to the suspension
Stories came out about Lenny throwing chairs but they have not been substantiated.
As usual the fans have been kept in the dark by the club, we deserve better than that.
Listening to bbc radio Sportsound tonight and the conversation centred on the "clear the air" meeting on Fri morning, one and a half days after the M'well match. Frank exchanges welcomed at this meeting and it could become "heated". However, this was viewed as fairly normal under such circumstances. I reckon that is what David Gray was referring to and why he was bemused by the subsequent suspension. The plot becomes unclear after that but it is reckoned a board member (Leeann?) became involved in it (interpretation of an "event" and became a HR issue?). A common view was that the suspension centres on money and what it will cost the club. Hence lawyers involved!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »