Thread Rating:
Scottish Cup Final: Hibs v Rangers, Sat 21 May 2016, KO 3.00pm
When is the £500K due to Tom Farmer and do you think he will defer?

Most of the money from the play offs doesn't go to the clubs involved.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Yep! The play-off set up is IMO a bit of a con when it comes to the financial side of things. I still say it's an entertainment replacement for the real issue of restructuring the top league properly and bringing in the Scottish football clubs that can significantly contribute to that top league!! As for money owed to STF, don't fret! There is an honourable agreement put in place but with no set deadline for payment. However. the rumour re STF's ill health still persists. That position may change if/when his family takes over his estate unless he has some formal written instruction that says otherwise.
stubbs says he is staying next season.
No surprise to me hibeejim! He extended his contract by a year when he stuck two fingers up to the Daily Ranker during the period of the Scotty Allan fiasco last year. If he does leave, it will be by mutual agreement. He's clearly not a perfect manager but I've seen worse and I'd opt for stabiliy and trying to improve our team/footie ops rather than looking for another manager again. I certainly intend to plough more money into my personal shareholding but I intend to  contact Leeann D and I'll  criticise certain aspects of Hibs footie ops (incl youth dev ops), before I commit to that! It's up to her to convince me!
As he says "things can change quickly in football".
In your posts #20 and 22. you have probably covered what most of us wish for AND the solution to the club`s problems.
In 20 You mention the club "turning the corner" and in 22 give "stability" as a pointer for future success.
I go on about our signing policy but if you look at the most successful teams in the country they all have settled squads built up over a few seasons. This gives the stability to be able to work through the bad periods by everybody pulling together in the same direction. At Easter Road most of our players are introduced to each other as strangers at the beginning of the season which gives the teams around us a head start.
Look back to season 13/14 had we not given Hearts a head start of 8 or 10 points the season might have been a lot more interesting.
Something needs to be done to ensure our stay in the Championship only lasts another season- more loans and short term contracts will stop us once again.
If we are financially sound we should have no need to dismantle the squad and in turn lose Stubbs.....we will see in the next few weeks.   Huh

The result on Saturday I feel is of great importance to this end. Win and ST's keep on selling and shares and such sales etc keep rising leading to continuing investment in the playing staff.  Lose and these all stall with many Hibs fans seeing this season as a total failure. Bearing in mind we won't have full away ends for any games, the parachute payment has gone, we are unlikely to have 2 long cup runs again and crowds will generally be in the 6K  to 10K at best ( provided we hit the ground running and don't do a Dumbarton away like this season  Doh ) we will need good financial backing.

Fortunately in getting to the Cup Final the club was able to use the demand for tickets into getting fans to buy next years ST's where normally many would have waited and probably not renewed.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
(19-05-2016, 21:47)1Wattie Wrote: 0762,
In your posts #20 and 22. you have probably covered what most of us wish for AND the solution to the club`s problems.
In 20 You mention the club "turning the corner" and in 22 give "stability" as a pointer for future success.
I go on about our signing policy but if you look at the most successful teams in the country they all have settled squads built up over a few seasons. This gives the stability to be able to work through the bad periods by everybody pulling together in the same direction. At Easter Road most of our players are introduced to each other as strangers at the beginning of the season which gives the teams around us a head start.
Look back to season 13/14 had we not given Hearts a head start of 8 or 10 points the season might have been a lot more interesting.
Something needs to be done to ensure our stay in the Championship only lasts another season- more loans and short term contracts will stop us once again.

Good comments 1wattie. I must say I believe in a footie team having a solid backbone and a manager can then build around that foundation by bringing in decent players or holding to current players. I didn't think we had that proper backbone at the start of the season and hoped the manager would observe the weakness and gradually change it. Indeed, my son was spot on when he predicted Hibs would be in the play off matches but we would fall flat again and I tended to agree with that view. I concurred that we were weak in the goalie position and the spearhead striking position was not prolific enough. Therefore that solid spine of the team was not as good as it could be. I think Stubbs is close to having that solid spine of a team but he's not there yet. I previously said he was a smidgeon off managing a really good Hibs team and I don't change that view. I also perceive that he has a proactive CEO and Hibs board backing him. I hope that backing continues. I also wish the takeover process was endorsed by some celebrity purchases of Hibs shares with a big injection of cash. How welcome that would be in order to push on in spite of the difficulties re competing in the Championship for another season.
Couldn`t agree more with you 0762 but the sad truth, as far as I see it, is that we will lose too many players at the end of the season to give Stubbs the slightest chance of getting that backbone together very quickly. I, like you, think Stubbs is not too far away but needs the stability of keeping his better players for next season and adding gradually until he gets the desired formulae.
Lets just all look forward to tomorrow,next season will become clearer in time.

Chinese and a few bevvys before the game..... c'mon hibs - lets do this !
likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »