Thread Rating:
Scottish League Cup group draw 1st round - Hibs drawn in Group D
Forgot to mention that Chow tackle on Ambrose was a red card 'all day long' but not in ref McLean's judgement. Efe fortunate not to be seriously injured - what a relief to see him playing on as we don't want major injuries at this early stage of the season. Also that Fox gaffe was absolutely jammy that the ball never ended up rolling through his legs and in the goalie's net!
Hibs 6 Arbroath 1 and Hibs bounce back in style from that pk shoot out loss v the Staggies! Simon Murray enhances his reputation with a 'hat trick' of goals and young Porteous developing very nicely and scoring a good goal just before HT. Danny Swanson also worth a special mention in a Hibs romp on a night when the big shock was Hearts being 'dumped' 2-1 by Peterhead who deservedly won their home game - Cathro out by December? That possibility could be worth a 'wee punt' methinks!
Hibs at a canter tonight scoring 6 another chalked off for a very tight offside ( Simon Murray) Danny Swanson then missed a penalty plus at least 3 other chances to score but Neil Lennon will be delighted with another Proffesional performance.

GGTTH
Re the pk miss, I'm beginning to wonder if Lenny has a steady pk taker 'on board' yet. That's two normal match pks missed so far - one by Graham and now this one by Swanny although I thought he was Saint Johnstone's regular pk taker.
That's what I also thought 0762. I would nominate john McGinn he wants more goals from midfield perfect candidate for me.
good result the night. I thought we were v unlucky against county but a good win v alloa should see us hopefully qualify for the next round. lennon is giving the youngsters a chance to shine early on in the season and so far its looking no to bad.

As for hertz,i'll be interested to hear cathro's excuses for that one. That was a strong team he put out the night,maybe they would have won without goalposts.
Cathro has no more excuses Jim he should be binned simple as that,I couldn't give a toss about the league cup but losing to Peterhead should be instant dismissal
He is one of the 'vision' managers that are quite fashionable the now fred,he will never change. Hertz need a manager with more substance than a guy who put the cones and bibs oot at Newcastle.
Totally agree Jim I was quite happy to give the man a chance he's had that chance now and it's time to call it quits before Unrepairable damage is done this season,however he'll get games to try and we could be in trouble.
Hibs win their final group game 0-3 v Alloa at Recreation Park and suddenly we top the group after a surprise 0-0 draw for Ross Co v Arbroath - we win the group on a superior GD! Well done Hibs and well done Simon Murray with a 'brace' of goals! Thumb up 7 goals in 4 x matches and he's 'flying'!

GGTTH
hibeejim21 and ritchiebaby like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »