Thread Rating:
Hibs v Raith Rovers, Sat 24 Dec 2016, KO 1.00pm
As it seems to have turned into an xmas thread I wish all on the forum and especially this board a happy christmas and hope 2017 is good to you.........and Ritchie I think you were a little over generous asking Santa for a point for Dundee United....I'd give them nothing and put them on Santas bad list.    Smile

Lets hope for 3 points for Hibs on Saturday and start xmas in the best manner.   Thumb up

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
merry crimbo and a happy new year to all, hope this game will herald a winning streak for us GGTTH
Merry xmas to one & all

Going out to get REEKIN tonight no worries we will win the next two games back on top C'mon Hibs

Keep the faith

GGTTH
Totally flummoxed by that,good team picked,changed to a flat back 4,created enough chances to put the game away and then end up scrambling a draw.

Scott martin was excellent,id be tempted to move him up the park a wee bit.

But a very frustrating day. Lennon needs to sort this out January.
Hope you're right with that prediction bounce! Thumb up  We need to do something to move from a position where we scorn lotsa scoring opps time n time again and to compound the problem, the SFA assigned referee can't apply the rules of footie AGAIN  - the Skacel incidents were a disgrace and how come this offending player managed to stay on the pitch to be replaced midway through the second half???? Unbelievable but this scenario (and other contentious ones!) keeps unfolding when the offences are against Hibs - I've observed it retrospectively for our players and there is something amiss when comparing similar worse incidents!!! Thumb down  I'll take any benefit that a ref gives Hibs in tight matches like this one. The only prob is the proper decisions are not given often enough for some reason!! How many fouls did Raith's players commit in this match alone? It must've been approx 20 offences!!. Also I'll categorically say that if we had video technology currently operational in our league, just like FIFA's experimental set up in the World Club final matches, Hibs would be at the top of the Championship by a country mile - absolutely no doubt about it!!! Anyway Hibs move on to Falkirk after finally losing 'pole position' before the year has ended and this fixture is a regular 'feud match' that Hibs somehow can't handle in recent times whereas United have dealt with this poor Bairns' side in the proper way - by beating them in a 'non feud match'!! Rolleyes  Not good and I must say I'm almost at the point of conceding to a play-off situation. We've lost so much ground to our only challenger in the Championship due to various circumstances and Hibs need to 'brighten up their ideas' and win matches consistently. The Falkirk match will confirm my 'gut feeling', one way or the other. We should be beating this level of opponent comprehensively on grass or on their crap artificial pitch but Hibs forwards are not convincing me at the moment apart from Boyle who confirmed that he is an impact sub! IMO Holt and Cummings were failures today mainly because they didn't score the requisite goals!!! Keatings? My god, he had a great scoring opp to win the match in the dying mins but 'fluffed his lines'!! Confused
hfcbounce likes this post
The big question in the pub afters apart from why is skacel such a cock......was can we really on any of our forwards?

I'm just not sure anymore.
Yep, ditto Jim! The challenge has been there for a while when one of our strikers could poss 'step up to the plate' and grab the prolific goal scorer spot!!! The goal scoring chances are being created in matches and that opportunity has never gone away but there is no stand out player who looks capable of doing what he should be aspiring to do - grabbing the opp and consistently scoring goals for fun - it is indeed easy if that player is good enough!! We've seen some decent pen box strikers down the years. I call them 'sniffers' who also score decisive goals in spite of awful referees trying to ruin matches and most knowledgeable fans know the difference in having such a game changing player. The issue is definitely a concern re this current Hibs team even though we are still 'well in the hunt' and within striking distance of United. However, I see that position changing negatively for Hibs/Lennon, if they are not careful, during a period when Hibs are renowned for messing up a good situation!
Was it the refs fault again today lads?
(25-12-2016, 01:58)Inverurie Jambo Wrote: Was it the refs fault again today lads?
no
(25-12-2016, 01:58)Inverurie Jambo Wrote: Was it the refs fault again today lads?

That trip to dens has traumatised you...clearly.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »