Thread Rating:
Hibs v Falkirk, Sat 12 Nov, KO 3.00pm
I don't doubt you see bad refs but bad refs are bad for both sides most of the time, not just for you guys. Its just that everytime you drop points it seems to be the refs fault, easier said than done but Hibs need to take the refs out of it by putting teams away and not relying on every decision going your way or being called correctly every time. You are the best team in the Championship, Lennon needs to get them thinking that way.
Even in the games we have won the refereeing has been deplorable and we have been on here moaning about it. We have had 2 sendings off rescinded,multiple penalty shouts denied and other teams have been allowed to kick us all over the place. Its even got way worse than last season....somehow.

It is hard not to think refs are at it after a performance like yesterdays. I just don't believe they can be that incompetent every week.
0762 likes this post
Neil Lennon even briefly mentioned this refereeing issue before his speech at Hibs recent AGM and jokingly commented that he'd need as much AGM time to debate the whole refereeing fiasco that has unfolded this season! The same point was made later on that Hibs should've been currently comfortably at the top of the Championship had it not been for the refereeing actions that have unfairly changed the course and outcome of certain matches! Thumb down However, I remain confident Hibs will still draw clear at the top but I'm also very concerned with the regularity of these dreadful refereeing performances mainly because we are not a Celtic with an array of prolific striking talent that can generally overcome most teams in matches and in spite of the odd referee who is dreadful and badly influencing a footie match in some way! No wonder Chris Sutton is having a 'field day' this season on BT Sport in spite of the protestations of SFA officials - no coincidence!
I can see where you are coming from SCO.

The problem is , certainly  in Scotland, the standard of refereeing is poor. I don't think they are biased or have a grudge against Hibs , just that they are not very good. There were numerous groans yesterday from the Falkirk fans when they thought they had been hard done by.

However I feel he became more lenient in the second half, maybe because Houston had shown him the sending off incident and as I haven't seen it again perhaps it was 50 / 50 , I cannot comment. ( I thought it was a correct decision at the time ). Their keeper certainly should have been booked for time wasting, OK all teams try to do it and Oxley was one of the worst but he invariably got booked. Also there were 2 blatant professional fouls to stop our players from going any further which went unpunished yet in the first half he was flashing the card all over the place. You could certainly see why he has given out more cards than any other ref this season.......then they dried up for worst fouls?

The main problem is that we have an inability to break down teams parking the bus which we face every week being the team to beat in this league . It didn't matter yesterday they were down to 10 men as they still had 2 banks of four defending deep which they did to great effect and well done to them. They literally only had one threat after the sending off, a corner and we couldn't deal with it. This was probably to do with  2 things .....firstly zonal marking  Doh  and secondly NL had taken off our right back and a centreback and brought on a winger ( use that term loosely) and a striker. .....organisation left a lot to be desired and their scorer had so much space and time to hook the ball into the far corner he must have thought it was his birthday.

Rather like the St Mirren game we had an inability to keep putting in decent crosses and striking dead balls from corners and freekicks......underhit, overhit, blocked. The one that was perfect Hanlon scored from. I feel we miss Keatings as he has shown he knows how to hit a dead ball.

Stevenson is completely at sea with the 3 5 2 system and only looked a little more aware when we reverted to a 4 4 2 system after the subs. He cannot beat a man and I lost count of the crosses that never came in from him or were poor. After the subs when Boyle went wide left he was shown how to play the role but of course he hasn't got Boyles pace and skill out wide.However he was not the only one not to be able to put in a good cross.  Doh Players such as Graham and Holt thrive on getting on the end of a decent cross ball.

Yes the ref was poor but we also brought about the result by the way we played.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Celtic’s Liam Henderson: ‘I’d love to play for Hibs again’

Please be true
HerefordBull and 0762 like this post
Aye bounce .....we needed to hear, "Henderson to deliver" yesterday and at least know there was a chance of a decent cross going in.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Hendo AND Commons coming in during the January transfer window - lets say I heard a strong 'rumour' last week after Lenny refused to reveal what he was gonna be doing when asked about any interest in new players although he admitted he was gonna do something positive on the transfer front lol! Watch this space!
(13-11-2016, 21:38)0762 Wrote: Hendo AND Commons coming in during the January transfer window - lets say I heard a strong 'rumour' last week after Lenny refused to reveal what he was gonna be doing when asked about any interest in new players although he admitted he was gonna do something positive on the transfer front lol! Watch this space!

how strong ????
Yeah, can't see commons being involved under rodgers. They already have rogic,armstrong and mcgregor who can all play in that role. I think he would like to work with lennon again especially now he's started doing his badges.

Hendersons interview in the scotsman was a good read. He comes across as a really nice, mature wee guy for his years. He really 'gets' the club i think.
hfcbounce likes this post
(14-11-2016, 07:53)Paigntonhibby Wrote:
(13-11-2016, 21:38)0762 Wrote: Hendo AND Commons coming in during the January transfer window - lets say I heard a strong 'rumour' last week after Lenny refused to reveal what he was gonna be doing when asked about any interest in new players although he admitted he was gonna do something positive on the transfer front lol! Watch this space!

how strong ????

When the suggestion is made to Lennon himself and he seriously asks, 'Who have you been talking to'? I'd say it's a reasonably strong rumour. He actually mentioned Hendo in his speech when he expressed his disappointment at not pulling him from Celtic. It's understandable that he doesn't wanna reveal what his intentions are esp when other factors, like injuries, could scupper such transfer activity. I think Lennon and Hibs board will make the requisite moves in January when we can see where we are in the league and what needs to be done to strengthen up and additionally cover for a possible play off situation if deemed necessary. Hibs goal stats will be self evident and Lenny will be well aware if that weakness is still affecting results and what he needs to do about it. Another likely transfer move is Jason being moved on unless his attitude changes and he begins to 'muck in' and contribute properly to 1st team activities. Lenny confirmed at the AGM that his agent wants him to leave the club and I believe it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »