Thread Rating:
Ajax Amsterdam - a "breath of fresh air" for Euro footie BUT...
Great to see a young Ajax team deservedly winning 1-2 in Turin to qualify for the CL semi-final and how refreshing to see such a young side playing with no fear. BUT I recall about 24 years ago a young Ajax team beat Milan 1-0 in the Euro Cup final before they were raided!! Van der Saar, Reiziger, Rijkaard, Davids, the de Boer bros and others!! I wonder if the same thing will happen again!! i.e. the rich clubs buy out any lesser opponents whose fans become disillusioned and apathetic again after witnessing the potential rise of a great Euro side!! The price of success!?
Lastly, it is a pity that they have such a cretinous fan support within their fan base that takes away some of the "gloss" from their footie achievements!! They are now lined up to take on an English Premiership team, Spurs or Man City, and that is gonna prove to be one massive security risk with such high stakes "on the line"!! Certain fans carrying swords and machetes in Italy? Scary stuff that should not be associated with the sport of soccer!! Thumb down
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Ajax Amsterdam - a "breath of fresh air" for Euro footie BUT... - by 0762 - 17-04-2019, 12:13
RE: Ajax Amsterdam - a "breath of fresh air" for Euro footie BUT... - by St Charles Owl - 17-04-2019, 17:20
RE: Ajax Amsterdam - a "breath of fresh air" for Euro footie BUT... - by St Charles Owl - 17-04-2019, 23:05
RE: Ajax Amsterdam - a "breath of fresh air" for Euro footie BUT... - by 0762 - 18-04-2019, 19:31
RE: Ajax Amsterdam - a "breath of fresh air" for Euro footie BUT... - by turkeydinner - 18-04-2019, 18:17
RE: Ajax Amsterdam - a "breath of fresh air" for Euro footie BUT... - by hibeejim21 - 20-04-2019, 20:30
RE: Ajax Amsterdam - a "breath of fresh air" for Euro footie BUT... - by turkeydinner - 21-04-2019, 15:50