Thread Rating:
Hearts 1 Celtic 0 - well timed before a massive Euro match in Greece!
I suggested to a few friends that Hearts were worth a punt at 5-1 odds mainly because Rodgers choice of team was likely to be a poor one preceding a huge CL quali match in Greece next Wednesday. I was right! He played Griffiths up front but Sparky is not match fit yet and was unsurprisingly below par. McGregor was absolutely "mince" in this  match, unusual by his standards in a changed Hoops' midfield that was generally "flat". Hearts? A good strike by "laughing boy" but the physicality was breathtaking TBF! How many yellow cards did they pick up today!!!??? This is another typical Levein team and he even seems to have found the equivalent of another Christian Nade up front + his log throw expert!!! Thumb down Nobody will ever convince me that this style of footie is ever gonna do anything positive for Scottish footie! But bad news for Harry Potter and Hearts anyway - Berra out for months with what looks like a torn hamstring - a sore one! Lastly I must comment on Hearts' forward/"animal", Steven Naismith - not the first time either! How did this wee nyaff remain on the pitch for the full duration!!? His persistent fouling was diabolical and his late challenge on Hayes must be reviewed by the SFA ref scrutiny panel for further punishent. He eventually received a yellow card for a petulant kick at Simunovic but he should've been sent off well before then - very poor refereeing! But questions will be asked of Rodgers re his choice of team  v a Hearts side that are nowhere near the high level of footie that I'm sure many of their backers think they are playing. I'm wondering when Rodgers last played a fully strong Celtic side v Hearts at Tynecastle although even a semi strong side should beat them/if not absolutely trounce then in most games there!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Hearts 1 Celtic 0 - well timed before a massive Euro match in Greece! - by 0762 - 11-08-2018, 17:30
RE: Hearts 1 Celtic 1 - well timed before a massive Euro match in Greece! - by hibeejim21 - 11-08-2018, 18:27
RE: Hearts 1 Celtic 0 - well timed before a massive Euro match in Greece! - by 0762 - 11-08-2018, 18:33
RE: Hearts 1 Celtic 0 - well timed before a massive Euro match in Greece! - by hibeejim21 - 11-08-2018, 20:26
RE: Hearts 1 Celtic 0 - well timed before a massive Euro match in Greece! - by hibeejim21 - 12-08-2018, 11:49
RE: Hearts 1 Celtic 0 - well timed before a massive Euro match in Greece! - by 0762 - 12-08-2018, 12:12