Thread Rating:
Swedes 50p in Morrisons - overpriced?
Shep I have to admit I'm not the one to assess Henderson. I've spent too long being critical of him to reassess prejudice, or should that be judgement, quickly enough. As a defensive midfielder I don't think he is in the same league as Kovacic and he struggles for a start in the Croatia line-up, but I think how big a stride he takes forward or not tonight could be pivotal for us.

I thought Courtois got Pickford spot-on with the goal we conceded against Belgium - he said Pickford was too bothered about kicking his feet up in the air. I think several bigger keepers in the tournament, including Subasic, would have saved it, but then we might have had to beat Brazil ......... I don't worry about Pickford on penos. I think he's pretty good. I'm not sure he's sound enough to get us there though.

I'm not sure Kane will naturally trouble Croatia's centre backs unduly, but players like Sterling, Rashford, Alli and Lingard on form could give their defence more than they like to cope with .......... and Kane might feed on that. Equally Kramaric and Modric attacking from midfield will give our defence a tough time unless we can find someone to do a Kante in front of our defence.

I'm pleased we got this far and think we do have the basis of a good team. But I wouldn't like to forecast this one!

One thing I would say, IF we were to make the final I think playing France is relatively good news. I think players who Belgium A or B might nullify could actually cause France problems. Both full backs look vulnerable. Pavard mostly plays centre back and Hernandez benefits hugely from being alongside Godin and Gimenez every week at Atletico ...... but I don't think he's really as good as Mendy. I think Sterling and Rashford could cause them problems, and I think if we can get Kane up against Umtiti, rather than Varane, I could see chances of him notching his goal of a lifetime. At the back we have the advantage of one of the only two players in the tournament who might be quick enough to go with Mbappe - Varane doesn't need to prove it, but Kyle Walker just might. I'd have backed Belgium to beat us in the final, but France, well at least I can see ways they could be beaten ...... and not least amongst them is putting some pressure on Lloris who has done well in the tournament, but who certainly has a mistake in him.
SHEP_HTAFC likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Swedes 50p in Morrisons - overpriced? - by Devongone - 08-07-2018, 13:25
RE: Swedes 50p in Morrisons - overpriced? - by SHEP_HTAFC - 09-07-2018, 10:44
RE: Swedes 50p in Morrisons - overpriced? - by Devongone - 11-07-2018, 12:56