Thread Rating:
NEXT SEASON ?????????????????
I can't believe I'm asking this, because it was a lot of hard work, but do you want a similar competition next season?

One of the troubles IMO last time round was that we were all pretty rubbish. Almost none of us selected surprisingly successful teams - no-one came up with Leicester, Northampton, Burton or East Fife, very very few came up with Wigan, Dunfermline or Cheltenham, the only popular star turns were Celtic and Rangers and a blind Howler Monkey could've picked them (well even I got one of them!). Failure teams were almost equally neglected, Villa, Bolton, Charlton, Colchester, Crewe, Doncaster, York, Dagenham, Kidderminster, Dundee United, Livingston, Cowdenbeath were hardly selected. SO if it were to run again I would propose dividing every division in two on the basis of bookie's odds. If you chose an unfancied team to do well you'd get double points on them every week ( good or bad), similarly if you picked a fancied team to be shite. I think it would introduce an element of gambling into the game AND encourage people to choose different teams (hopefully less of us would go for Chelsea and Man City). And there's be no limit to the number of rank outsiders or obvious favourites you chose.

Second, I'd give more points for achievements at the end of each month. A selected team would still get points for being top each month, but there'd be bonuses for the top goalscoring teams home and away and the best defence home and away ...... and the opposite for the teams selected to be unsuccessful.

So my questions are, does anyone want me to do this next season, and do you like the idea of improving it a bit.

I still like the idea of a competition fans of any of the clubs on here could enter, and hopefully talk about ......

Happy Euros.
Amelia Chaffinch and Lord Snooty like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
NEXT SEASON ????????????????? - by Devongone - 10-06-2016, 16:21
RE: NEXT SEASON ????????????????? - by Lord Snooty - 10-06-2016, 16:38
RE: NEXT SEASON ????????????????? - by St Charles Owl - 10-06-2016, 18:45
RE: NEXT SEASON ????????????????? - by Lord Snooty - 10-06-2016, 20:37
RE: NEXT SEASON ????????????????? - by ritchiebaby - 11-06-2016, 15:14
RE: NEXT SEASON ????????????????? - by spireitematt - 12-06-2016, 21:22
RE: NEXT SEASON ????????????????? - by Devongone - 13-06-2016, 12:10
RE: NEXT SEASON ????????????????? - by Amelia Chaffinch - 13-06-2016, 12:32