Thread Rating:
£33 million a year
I never said he was worth the money, nor did I say footballers deserve what they get paid, I said connecting what these guys earn to austerity measures isn't a valid reason what they should or shouldn't be paid!! The companies that employ them decide on their own what they pay him, just like my company does and any other private enterprises and I am sure they base that decision on what he is worth to them and them alone. Again, paying him say 15m a year would have zero effect on the rest of the population in the UK as the remaining 18m a year wouldn't go anywhere but Mercedes deep pockets.

As regards living abroad I really can't have an issue with that as its what I do. One of the benefits of earning good money is it gives people the chance to live where ever they want and I would never want to live in a country that denies citizens the right to move, that would be called communist China!!! Maybe Britain needs to adopt the same rules as the US where it still makes US citizens who work abroad pay taxes in the US. Of course the tax rate over here is significantly less than Britain but maybe making a reduced contribution to tax would be a suitable compromise.

(21-05-2015, 03:00)pob Wrote: Pay for F1 teams tends to be slightly under that expected for the skills/sector and working hours/conditions are relatively poor. Most engineers don't stick out this sort of working environment for more than a few years before burning out, and many speak of relief after finally leaving. It's why the 2-week summer shutdown was so gratefully received.

Even the truckies tend to do more than one job, such as doing the catering at the races too.

Yes I am sure the demands on them are rigourous but most of these guys are living a dream even if its just for a few years.  They get to work in one of the  most exciting sports in the world and get to travel to places most people will never get to.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
£33 million a year - by spireitematt - 20-05-2015, 21:06
RE: £33 million a year - by Amelia Chaffinch - 20-05-2015, 23:04
RE: £33 million a year - by Lord Snooty - 20-05-2015, 23:06
RE: £33 million a year - by St Charles Owl - 21-05-2015, 01:43
RE: £33 million a year - by pob - 21-05-2015, 03:00
RE: £33 million a year - by spireitematt - 21-05-2015, 03:21
RE: £33 million a year - by St Charles Owl - 21-05-2015, 06:01