Thread Rating:
Hibs v St Mirren - Saturday 3 February
Hibernian manager Nick Montgomery
"I apologise to the fans for that first half. The lack of competing, the lack of fight. They outfought us. We deserved what we got today - and that was nothing. We accept responsibility as a collective. That was not good enough. We lacked fight and desire. I think second half we could have got a goal or two back but it wasn't to be. That was nowhere near the performance I expect or the level of performance the players can deliver. There's been a lot of change, a busy week with a lot of new players coming in. Did I think it was going to click straight away? No."

That's fair enough, Nick, but we're probably worse off than we were a couple of months ago. We can look forward to getting Boyle and Miller back soon, but while I hate to agree with IJ Whistle he's probably closer to the mark than my blind optimism. Rolleyes And the Hibs fans certainly let the team and management know how they felt.

The only saving grace for Montgomery is that, unlike the last few managers, he might be given time to get settled in with his players and system. he's not got the best run of fixtures ahead of him though.

PS Christian Doidge scored yesterday for Forest Green Rovers. Doh
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Hibs v St Mirren - Saturday 3 February - by ritchiebaby - 01-02-2024, 13:25
RE: Hibs v St Mirren - Saturday 3 February - by HerefordBull - 03-02-2024, 11:57
RE: Hibs v St Mirren - Saturday 3 February - by hibeejim21 - 03-02-2024, 18:18
RE: Hibs v St Mirren - Saturday 3 February - by Inverurie Jambo - 03-02-2024, 22:44
RE: Hibs v St Mirren - Saturday 3 February - by BouncingHibees - 04-02-2024, 18:44
RE: Hibs v St Mirren - Saturday 3 February - by ritchiebaby - 04-02-2024, 19:19