Thread Rating:
Raheem Sterling
Sterling has a reputation of a show boater, a quick pacey player who also dives and as a money grabber after his move from Liverpool, none of that is anything to do with his skin color!!! Of course I am sure some of the abuse is racially motivated, and that needs to be stamped out but I think to label all of the criticism he receives as racial is naive and headline grabbing to say the least!!

He is also a young player who uses social media a lot and some of it looks like bragging with regards to what he spends his money on. I am sure many players end up buying their mum a house, the vast majority don't put it on Instagram though, that automatically puts him in the spotlight as a celebrity rather than a footballer!! He needs to stay off social media unless its about football. Its also worth saying that the minute he scores a couple of winning goals for England is the day a lot of the criticism will go away, no different to the abuse Beckham got after his sending off against the Argies and how he reversed that with the last minute free kick against Greece.
turkeydinner likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Raheem Sterling - by turkeydinner - 13-08-2018, 22:13
RE: Raheem Sterling - by St Charles Owl - 13-08-2018, 22:22