Thread Rating:
Northwalesbaggie - Attention
You kindly donated and left a message saying you could not get access.

I have reset your password to 'Welcome' (email address is a Yahoo format - please give it a try. If that is not working email me sportsbabble@gmail.com so we can correct this.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Or even North Wales Baggie Big Grin Wink
Stairs likes this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Hi Stairs,

Thank you. I'm back Thumb up Now to post & vent my feelings on the Shambles that is our beloved Club
Evening from sunny Rome . Cannot see why some fans still believe we are a shamble s of a club. We could be like Bolton, Leeds,Blues, Portsmouth, and many others who have been run into the ground. We are not as far as I know we are in debt to no one are a stable club who look like appointing a good manager/head coach if this is a shambles I would like to see some of the other clubs accounts as we are on safe footing.
(12-06-2019, 22:29)wba13 Wrote: Evening from sunny Rome . Cannot see why some fans still believe we are a shamble s of a club. We could be like Bolton, Leeds,Blues, Portsmouth, and many others  who have been run into the ground. We are not as far as I know we are in debt to no one are a stable club who look like appointing a good manager/head coach if this is a shambles I would like to see some of the other clubs accounts as we are on safe footing.

An awful lot of assumptions within your post. Many other have problems agreed, but we're in the worst position we have been for 10 years.
Lets say we are out of our comfort zone atm.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Sorry Phil but a lot of people put a lot of spin on Albion’s problems , but I just don’t think they are half as bad as some wish to believe. I know Williams and Mcdonut tried there best to bankrupt us but Jenkins for all his faults has steadied the ship so much that the 40 mill overdraft was never touched.We are now I know in a rebuilding process let’s hope our next manager Bilic or whoever it is get the backing he will deserve. I am not ITK but some people are under the assumption we are in a lot of trouble when in my opinion we are not.
(13-06-2019, 08:30)wba13 Wrote: Sorry Phil but a lot of people put a lot of spin on Albion’s problems , but I just don’t think they are half as bad as some wish to believe. I know Williams and Mcdonut  tried there best to bankrupt us but Jenkins for all his faults has steadied the ship so much that the 40 mill overdraft was never touched.We are now I know in a rebuilding process let’s hope our next manager Bilic or whoever it is get the backing he will deserve. I am not ITK but some people are under the assumption we are in a lot of trouble when in my opinion we are not.

We have had to take out an overdraft ( the first in years), Some players released. Dawson, JRod et al are very likely to go. Some youngsters won't sign new contracts ( for whatever reason), do we have 11 decent players to put out if the league was to start tomorrow?
Some of our players are old ( in footballing terms). Yes we are not as bad as Bolton etc, BUT we are not (imho) in a good place. If you feel that there are positives with our club then please let me know. I need some good news on this wet & windy day in North Wales. Diolch ( Welsh for "Thanks) Smile
Slaven Bilic would not have come to Albion if we were in turmoil, this doom and gloom is not needed, he will do us proud well done to all who contributed in getting us such a good Head Coach.
(13-06-2019, 12:00)Northwalesbaggie Wrote:
(13-06-2019, 08:30)wba13 Wrote: Sorry Phil but a lot of people put a lot of spin on Albion’s problems , but I just don’t think they are half as bad as some wish to believe. I know Williams and Mcdonut  tried there best to bankrupt us but Jenkins for all his faults has steadied the ship so much that the 40 mill overdraft was never touched.We are now I know in a rebuilding process let’s hope our next manager Bilic or whoever it is get the backing he will deserve. I am not ITK but some people are under the assumption we are in a lot of trouble when in my opinion we are not.

We have had to take out an overdraft ( the first in years),.Some players released. Dawson, JRod et al are very likely to go. Some youngsters won't sign new contracts ( for whatever reason), do we have 11 decent players to put out if the league was to start tomorrow?
Some of our players are old ( in footballing terms). Yes we are not as bad as Bolton etc, BUT we are not (imho) in a good place. If you feel that there are positives with our club then please let me know. I need some good news on this wet & windy day in North Wales. Diolch ( Welsh for "Thanks) Smile

1. We took out an overdraft facility which apparently we didn't need to use - normal business practice.
2. Yes some players have been released, just like every year.
3. Yes, some players are likely to leave - equally some players are likely to join.
4. One youngster hasn't yet signed a contract - he'll leave if he gets offered more money, hardly a situation unique to Albion.
5. The league doesn't start tomorrow .
6. Yes some of our players are old - some are also young.

And by the way, we didn't appoint Appleton as predicted by many of the doom mongers, and we clearly did agree terms with Bilic despite us being managed by penny pinchers.
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
It is understandable to be less that positive about the Albion given all that has happened.

Mismanagement above all things at board level has been the main culprit as players typically want to win and mostly try their best.

Bilic agreeing terms is, for me, very positive. He is quality and must have options and given what they get paid from previous appointments can wait for the ‘right’ job to come along.

Because of that my enthusiasm needle has jumped from the red part of the dial and is just, but only just, back in the positive.

It is now, firstly, a case of who he recruits and who decides to stay. This takes me to the end of August.

Then secondly, how he deploys his team and their tactics. Probably gets me to the end of October.

By the. I will be Boinging like a good ‘un or will be baying for blood.

A typical summer and start to season I guess  Laugh
Baggievicar likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »