Thread Rating:
Who leaves and who transfers in after "season end"?
It looks like big Marv is exiting ER after serving Hibs very well for a good number of years and hardly ever failed in an Embro Derby whenever he was involved. He is off to Livingston and I wish him well for the future. I do wonder why he opted  for Livy mainly because he is injury-prone and playing on an artificial pitch is not conducive to staying fit throughout a season.
I for one will miss Marvin, often an important player in big games. I'd much rather he stayed and was used sparingly, but good luck to him wherever he goes. He'll be hard to replace.
Cabbage is still good for you
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9973
Milligan is the next player to move on with some rumours insinuating that he is following big Marv to Livy - I seriously hope that is untrue TBF! Anyway, the summer period will be interesting to observe Hecky's transfer activities in the quest to develop his own squad of players for next season and possibly promote the best of our youth prospects.
Now that the "dust has settled", one can peruse the list of Hibs players who are leaving:-

Bogdan, Johnson, Bigrimana, Spector, McNulty, Milligan, Bartley, Nelom, Laidlaw, Gauld, Omeonga, Agyepong and from Hibs Dev squad: Donaldson, O'Connor, Waugh, Allan, Paton

The woes of taking on a lotta loan players eh plus out of contract stuff! Paul Heckingbottom has a lotta work ahead of him in deciding who he tries to bring back to 1st team duties and who he brings in as his own preferred players.
For years I have been criticising the amount of loan players and short term contracts Hibs have been using and now it's probably going to make it unlikely that Paul Heckingbottom will have much time to prepare for next season once he has a squad in place.
This will undoubtedly contain many new loan players and those on a 1 year contract and it makes no sense continuing down this road considering the amount of money the club take in every season.
With an average of 18,000 for home games ( an increase of nearly 9,000 on the pre relegation attendances or £4.5million annually) we should be able to afford going after players in the transfer market and many fans will be asking WHY. the board need to give us answers .
0762 likes this post
We are going to need more goals in the team (mcnulty is a bit hit an miss to say the least, and kamberi seems to have chucked it), and a replacement defensive midfielder. Other than that I don't think we need too much going forward. Remember we have some cracking youngsters coming through.

I thought Milligan did an OK job, but his distribution was awful at times. Omeonga looks like he has bags of ability just needs to work on his composure a bit, I'd love us to sign him up.
Adam Jackson signed up by Hecky! This lad is an experience centre half who played under Hecky when at Barnsley AFC. No doubt, more to come in!
Forgot to update this OP with the transfer news that Joe Newell, an ex Rotherham U left mid player, has been signed up by Hibs and Chris Maxwell, a back up goalie, signed up from PNE on a season long loan.
Hibs bring in two Welsh players, Tom James and Christian Doidge, a defender and striker respectively, at a cost of just over £1/2M. Potentially good biz for next season! Thumb up
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48954839
Hibs bid for Funso Ojo accepted by Scunthorpe United and it looks like he has opted for Hibs offer over Aberdeen's one - soon to be confirmed!

GGTTH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »