Thread Rating:
Prediction League Results/Tables Week 20 - Beefy's Charge Begins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much more consistency this week in the PL with some decent scores for a change!! Joint leaders this week are Sanjay and Matt on 17 points. I think this is the first time that Sanjay has topped the table, certainly in my time as a scorer, he had a very consistent week getting points on half the games including picking up points on the Gamball and Bonus Ball. Matt really benefitted from a spot on Gamball, the only one in the PL this week, certainly makes the week look better when you get that one right and will help his push to try to get back to the top of the table.

Joint 3rd place are WorldClass and SCO who both made it to double figures with 10 points. Worldclass decided to do a “Zinman” this week and not play his Gamball and in the end that save him 3 points as he got the prediction wrong!!! SCO got a spot on Bonus Ball but not much else but getting one of the two main balls spot on allows you to not do too much else and still get a decent score. Joint 5th place went to BBB and Amelia on 8 points. Our current PL leader BBB actually scored the most correct results with 5, including the Bonus but his failure to get any correct scores really stunted his week. Amelia got a spot on Bonus and picked up the score ball to keep her score respectable.

Sitting alone in 7th place is Zinman on 6 points, remarkably he played the Gamball and picked up a nice 4 points on it as well, didn’t do much else but refreshing to see him playing the game properly for once!! Derby and Snooty ended up joint 8th on 4 points, Derby's score was certainly helped by a correct result on the Bonus and as we now see most weeks Snootys inability to correctly predict anything on either the Gamball or the Bonus Ball destroys anything else he might do each week!!!!

Now the bit we are all waiting for!!  Whistle  The Beefmeister has gone out of his way this week of reminding us all of his prowess in this prediction league after the Xmas break, he claims this is where his scores take off and he shoots up the table like a spaceship out of Cape Canaveral!!! Well it seems instead of producing giant scores that match his size, he is acting like plankton and producing microscopic totals!! This week he props up the table on a paltry 2 points, and was only a correct result Bonus away from having a negative score!!! We will of course all wait patiently for this past giant of a predictor to actually show some decent form this season!!!

Cheers
SCO

BBB had his lead cut to just 5 points despite a decent week that saw him pass the double century of points for the season, as Matt helped by the mighty 8 points on the Gamball moved up a place and into 2nd after topping the table for a majority of the first 11 weeks.

St Charles was another to have a decent week which helped him retain 3rd spot as he leads a pack of 4 that are separated by just 5 points, the closest being Zinman in 4th who drops a couple of places from last week, though his Gamball result could see him convert to opting into it on a more regular basis Tongue .

Sanjay was rewarded for his stonking week by climbing 2 places into the heady heights of 5th and now sits very handily placed for a challenge to the top 4, while the same can be said for Worldclass as well who despite dropping a place is still only a correct result away back in 6th.

Derby is another to drop a place and finds himself now in 7th and 9 points away from the top 6 which is the same amount of points he is clear of Beefy in 8th who promised us an “after Xmas charge begins”, though I suppose the third week in February is still technically “after Xmas”  Laugh .

Amelia made a little dent into the deficit that threatens her Premiership place though it’s still over 30 points before she can have any thoughts of avoiding relegation, while for Snooty it’s over 50 points and the weeks are running out, both along with their beloved Terriers need quite a turnaround over the coming weeks if it’s not to be a triple relegation  Thumb down .

Bomber

Quite a wide spread of scores this week with a glut of incorrect gamballs (not sure why   Rolleyes ) offset by a reasonable bonus week for once. This week's table topper only got 3 predictions right, but it helps when 2 of them are correct scores and helps even more when they happen to be the gamball and the bonus. So a clear win for Baggieone. 2nd place goes to Mr Consistent, Themaclad, with 4 correct predictions and a correct score on his bonus to keep his charge to promotion on track. 70% of Themac's points came from just one game due to his clever multiball play. Twerton claims 3rd place getting this week's highest number of correct predictions but being let down by his balls. Quantum finally chose to play his gamball - and got it wrong, but a decent performance on the other games gave him a total of 8 points for the 3rd week in the last 4.

And so onto this week's also-rans. Stairs and Bomber scraped 4 points each with identical performances, both thankful for getting their bonuses correct. Joker performed a Beefyesque charge to claim just 2 points but again avoided the wooden spoon due to actually getting a ball right, one of only 3 players to pick up a scoreball point. And finally, with just a single point, 4eva, who at least improved on last week's performance!

Zin

Apart from top and bottom, week 20 saw virtually everyone still in with a shot at promotion as only 23 points covers 2nd right down to 7th.

Themaclad continued out in front and consolidated that position this week as he passed the 200 point mark for the season to sit 21 points clear at the top from Quantum who was another to stretch his advantage over the chasers in 2nd as we near the final 1/3 of the season.

Bomber strengthened his grip on the promotion play-off spot in 3rd despite a poor week as 4eva suffered his customary reverse on his Bonus Ball which has cost him a massive 31 points so far this season and is without doubt the reason he is in 4th and not 2nd.

BaggieOne did his cause no harm at all to close up the gap that has been in place between the 2 halves of the table for some time now, and climbs 2 places up into 5th just 9 points further and in with a real chance of mounting a promotion push, as is Twerton just a solitary point back in 6th.

So tight is the Championship this year that Stairs dropped 2 places into 7th and 1 off the bottom yet as I said earlier, he’s only 18 points off a play-off spot so cannot be discounted, while unfortunately Joker shows no signs of such a push as another lowly week leaves him stranded at the foot of the table needing to double his score to vacate that position  Thumb down .

Bomber
themaclad, MattWBA, Amelia Chaffinch And 1 others like this post
Beefy, the gift that keeps on giving.
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
I am having a mare ..... I even finished lower than joker with a single point gained courtesy of man ure beating spuds ...... my balls are letting me down big style .... a combined -42 points on the main balls ..... OUCH.
(13-01-2019, 22:36)Zinman Wrote: Beefy, the gift that keeps on giving.

Would you believe me if I was actually misinterpreted in my comments Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(13-01-2019, 23:24)Beefy 1965 Wrote:

Would you believe me if I was actually misinterpreted in my comments   Whistle

That'd be a no from me mate Laugh

I would believe you if you admitted your were just wrong.............again!!
Well I'm not going to admit being wrong when it will still happen,
I just remembered it usually begin's the third week in January that's all Laugh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Knew Burnley weren't going to have a shot on target and still win
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(14-01-2019, 02:37)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Well I'm not going to admit being wrong when it will still happen,
I just remembered it usually begin's the third week in January that's all  Laugh

would that be this January?
you didnt actually specify what January or what year!!!!!
Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
@Kristien 1965

No.
They say that ignorance is bliss - no wonder so many people are happy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »