Thread Rating:
InSpireds & ExSpireds
I thought I'd create a thread for news and discussion etc of former players who do good or bad things through the season. I'll add more later when I've had a good look at the results, but:-

Craig Davies netted for Mansfield
Ched Evans scored for Joey Barton's Fleetwood
Ricky German scored a cracker to kick-start his season at Hendon
Matty Brown gave another sound performance for table-topping clean-sheet Halifax
Jordan Burrow was poor and got subbed for York as they lost at home to Alfreton
Conor Dimaio was only sub for Stockport but got their winner 5 minutes from time at Southport
Tendayi Darikwa has played every game so far for Forest, but they just loaned in Sam Byram ......

Added:-

Yes Dan Gardner scored a peno for Oldham, O'Grady got the full game and Coke started but only lasted 46 minutes
Jay O'Shea was only sub' for Bury
Best coach in the world, Marcelo Bielsa at Leeds, played Liam Cooper as they slaughtered Frank Lampard's Derby
Lee Novak scored for Scunny.
Jon Nolan got the full game at Rotherham for Ipswich, but they lost.
Curtis Morrison came on as sub for Guiseley and scored, didn't look well in photo in Non League Paper.

Feel free to add or comment as you wish.
Who's Matty Brown ? genuine question .
A slightly balding Dan Gardner scored a pen to equalise for Oldham .
Matty Brown was a central defender who played 1 or 2 games for us. Think Cook brought him in from Southport or somewhere like that.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
Matty Brown played 3 for us at centre back. He certainly scored one and I think he got sent off once! We loaned him out to Southport and perhaps Chester ........ (Our Matt will stat us.) We got him from Marine. He had been captain of Man City juniors I think, which was not as impressive as it would be now. He's at the heart of Halifax's defence. I think he still has a bit of a short fuse so that could be something to work on when we play them. (There have been plenty of Chesterfield sides in my life in which he would have got far more games .........) I'm editing in a few more players to my list above by the way. I'll try and do it every week.
(13-08-2018, 12:18)Devongone Wrote: Matty Brown played 3 for us at centre back. He certainly scored one and I think he got sent off once! We loaned him out to Southport and perhaps Chester ........ (Our Matt will stat us.) We got him from Marine. He had been captain of Man City juniors I think, which was not as impressive as it would be now. He's at the heart of Halifax's defence. I think he still has a bit of a short fuse so that could be something to work on when we play them. (There have been plenty of Chesterfield sides in my life in which he would have got far more games .........) I'm editing in a few more players to my list above by the way. I'll try and do it every week.

Yeah he played for us at centre-back but he was sent on loan to Southport because he described Chesterfield in a derogatory term on social media and said it was like Emmerdale with all the hills and greenery. Then Chesterfield released him and think he joined Chester FC and now he's at Halifax.

Think he scored twice against Plymouth but then got himself sent off.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Thanx for the move Matt. Think it goes nicely alongside your moves made by ex-Spires.
Tuesday night and Armand Gnanduillet gets a goal for Blackpool in the Carabao.

Sam Byram immediately slots in at right back for Forest against Bury which looks bad for Tendayi Darikwa.

Ricky German scores again for Hendon in a 3-0 home win. Go Ricardo!
August 18th

Jamie Jackson scored one and made the other three for Matlock in a 4-0 win.
Craig Davies came on as sub for Mansfield (they think they have better players than him?) and scored.
Oldham played Gardner, Coke and COG and still won 3-1!
Darikwa kept his place for Forest despite Byram's signing.
Liam Cooper assisted on Leeds first goal.
Gnanduillet got the full 90 for Blackpool in a 0-0, doesn't often play 90.
O'Shea got a start for Bury, subbed after 77, same old.
Richards came on for Swindon as and scored, but McCourt stayed on the bench.
Jordan Burrow and Ricky German were only subs for York and Hendon respectively.
August 21st

Richard Wood scores and is booked during Rotherham's home defeat.
Captain Liam Cooper injured warming up for Leeds against Swansea.
Aaron Chapman keeps a clean sheet as the Posh go top at Charlton.
Jordan Bowery on as half-time sub at 3-0 down for Crewe, team to refund fans after embarrassing 6-0 defeat at Colchester - does Jordan only have to pay half?
Jamie Devitt makes Carlisle's winner with 85th minute corner, but Dodds taken off by Port Vale after just 47 minutes.
Jay O'Shea comes on in 61st minute for Bury, but ten minutes later Bury go down to ten men, which isn't ideal when Jay is one of the ten.
Danny Whitaker scores from the free-kick which effectively ends Gary Johnson's reign at Cheltenham after a 1-1 draw.
Alex Whitmore sees yellow for Grimsby.
Paddy Roche sent off for Morecambe in 85th minute for a second bookable, outfielder takes over and makes brilliant save.
Kristian Dennis is a 73rd minute sub for Notts County, scores late to put them level, but they concede again and go bottom.
Tyler Walker gets a full game for the Stags, but Craig Davies gets subbed in 0-0 stalemate. Mottley-Henry gets on as sub for Tranmere.
Jack Brownell comes on as sub for Jamie Jackson for Matlock at Scarborough and makes a goal in a fortunate 2-2 draw.

At Sheffield FC, Charlie Wakefield made Sheffield first goal, combined with Iffy Ofoegbu to create the second and Iffy was fouled for a penalty which was saved in a game in which Tadcaster Albion ran out out 4-3 winners.
Another understudy to Tommy Lee,Alex Cairns doing a job for Fleetwood,in that category are Chapman and O Donnell also plying their trade at a good level.There are probably others too .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »