Thread Rating:
FA Cup 5th Round - Huddersfield Town v Manchester United
[Image: Large]

Kick off is at 5.30 because we're on't telly - coverage starts at 5 on BT Sports.

Head to head:

[Image: 2a6w8yb.png]

Just the 3 FA Cup ties then. The last one was on 4/3/1963! Man Utd won 5-0 with goals from Albert Quixall, Johnny Giles (Leeds and Eire, if you're familiar with Auf Wiedersehen, Pet) and a hat trick from our old boy, Denis Law. 

[Image: a91fcb08da2eb188e414920a96b7f383.jpg]

Their line-up was:

[Image: 4tkfmf.png]

Our team, as nicked from Snooty's book, was:

Wood, Atkins, Parker, Bettany, K Taylor, Dinsdale, McHale, White, Stokes, Massie, O'Grady.

Ray Wood, our goalkeeper, was a survivor of the Munich air disaster and signed for us not long after. He made over 200 appearances for Town.

[Image: 806b05c170c3c606cfd9417b9deb5392.jpg]

Previous FA Cup ties were 2nd Feb 1924 with us the victors 3-0 and 13th Jan 1912 with Man U beating us 3-1. 

All three ties were at Old Trafford but now they're going to be on our turf AND we have beaten them here this season already. We went 2-0 up with goals from Mooy and Depoitre in the 1st half. They got one back when Rashford scored in the 2nd. We the crowd undoubtedly played our part in getting the team to hang on for the win. Mourinho declared us to be the better team. Can we do it again? Probably not with Mooy. Having taken a knock and having stitches to his knee, he will probably be rested. I think he would have been without the injury, in any case. Depoitre has been injured since the League game against Man U at Old Trafford. 

Kachunga remains injured. Smith may be back after his concussion and Stankovic has been playing for the reserves again. 

My team would be:

[Image: 120218201030.png]

I should have put Williams down as Big Willy Williams but can't be bothered going back to change it. Can you believe some people are wanting him to be charged, fined or suspended? Personally, I can't understand why he wasn't wearing knickers like a good Yorkshireman should but punishment? Really? 

[Image: il_570xN.1308870827_tr1t.jpg]

With Man Utd playing Champions League football in Sevilla on the following Wednesday, they may play a weakened team. I'm not clever enough to guess who.

[Image: image?width=500&height=500&version=1493911628515]

Other 5th round ties:

Leicester City v Sheffield United
Chelsea v Hull City
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City 
Brighton & Hove Albion v Coventry City
West Bromwich Albion v Southampton
Rochdale v Tottenham Hotspur 
Wigan Athletic v Manchester City

Quiz:

1. Guess the attendance for BHA v Coventry City. 
2. How many red cards for all 8 fixtures?
3. Who do you fancy for us in the Quarter Finals?  Whistle
theo_luddite, SHEP_HTAFC, ritchiebaby And 3 others like this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
1. I think Coventry will take a lot. Bad times for them but they take big numbers away from the Ricoh. I reckon 18,000 crowd.

2. I'll go for no red cards.

3. I'd love another trip to Spotland. Whistle
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
1. 23,478
2. Two red cards
3. Sheffield Wednesday Whistle
Lord Snooty likes this post
1. 19452
2. 3
3. Brighton

Is this the game against the Manchester tarts?
(12-02-2018, 22:41)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote:
Just the 3 FA Cup ties then. The last one was on 4/3/1963! Man Utd won 5-0 with goals from Albert Quixall, Johnny Giles (Leeds and Eire, if you're familiar with Auf Wiedersehen, Pet) and a hat trick from our old boy, Denis Law. 

Moxey: "It's funny you should say that, Oz. About footballers, like. Cos the only older woman I ever had looked like Billy Bremner." Laugh  Laugh  Laugh
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Once again not bothered about the FA cup, stick our squad players in and give them a much needed run out against the Man Utd yoof.
The main aim is premiership survival in my book
Amelia, why are you posting a picture of Snooty's Christmas present?
Lord Snooty and Amelia Chaffinch like this post
Cabbage is still good for you
(13-02-2018, 19:59)ritchiebaby Wrote: Amelia, why are you posting a picture of Snooty's Christmas present?

Aw, am I getting a Guess Who game?  Rolleyes  Tongue  Wink  Smile  Tongue  Big Grin   Laugh
Amelia Chaffinch and ritchiebaby like this post
For the sake of your credibility, I hope so! A new Cinders panto game finding someone who fits the "sock" might be another choice. Whistle

Back on subject, I hope the Terriers stick it right up ManUre. It's the start of the Year Of The Dog on Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wioh5qUj7fM

There's a moose loose aboot this hoose.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Classic
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »