Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
(13-02-2023, 20:58)St Charles Owl Wrote: Everyone has a different story as to how they became a Wednesday fan!!  My Dad was a Wednesday fan but I grew up in Australia in the late 60s/early 70s, so knew nothing of English football really.  Once we moved back to Sheffield in 73, my Dad started taking us to the odd game, my first memory is sitting near the front of the South Stand being mesmerized by Willie Henderson running down that wing towards the Kop end.  Got my first ST in 77/78 and had one until 2000/01 season when we moved to the US.  Did 56 games in one season in the mid-80s when me, my Dad and Brother would go to away games all the time.  My Mum and Dad kept their STs until 2017 when my Dad's Alzheimer's kicked in too much for him to go, so my Mum stopped going as well, so as I said its good to take her when I get back.

I started watching them when we were playing in Div 3 and have seen us promoted 5 times and relegated 5 times and now nearly 50 years later we are still in Div 3!!  This season could be the first time I have seen us win a division though and the first time we could top 100 points!

I actually never played football at any level, wasn't any good at it!!

But how’s the cricket and surfing ?‍♂️ ??
(13-02-2023, 23:49)Washington Wrote:
(13-02-2023, 20:58)St Charles Owl Wrote: Everyone has a different story as to how they became a Wednesday fan!!  My Dad was a Wednesday fan but I grew up in Australia in the late 60s/early 70s, so knew nothing of English football really.  Once we moved back to Sheffield in 73, my Dad started taking us to the odd game, my first memory is sitting near the front of the South Stand being mesmerized by Willie Henderson running down that wing towards the Kop end.  Got my first ST in 77/78 and had one until 2000/01 season when we moved to the US.  Did 56 games in one season in the mid-80s when me, my Dad and Brother would go to away games all the time.  My Mum and Dad kept their STs until 2017 when my Dad's Alzheimer's kicked in too much for him to go, so my Mum stopped going as well, so as I said its good to take her when I get back.

I started watching them when we were playing in Div 3 and have seen us promoted 5 times and relegated 5 times and now nearly 50 years later we are still in Div 3!!  This season could be the first time I have seen us win a division though and the first time we could top 100 points!

I actually never played football at any level, wasn't any good at it!!

But how’s the cricket and surfing ?‍♂️ ??

Played wicket keeper for a bit at school but never been on a surf board in my life yet lived in Australia and California!!!
Looks like those diving Sunderland clowns are heading in to another playoff season.
Simulation and cheating are such a big part of the game now.
I'm glad Moore doesn't have us resorting to it. But you can't help wonder how much better off we'd be?
Well,we probably wouldn't benefit at all, you can almost bet your ass the EFL stooges will book and send our players off for it!!

We're going to experience more bizarre decisions as we get closer to the title and auto spots being sewn up.
Far too much money and politics involved now.

We've also had our fixtures re-arranged in March to play 3 games in 8 days. Bolton and Barnsley being two top teams within four days then Forest Green a further four days after that.

I'm quite sure it's not all one of those coincidences that just seems to consistently happen to us...
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Marvin Johnson has been charged by the FA, re the penalty incident, for improper/violent conduct
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(16-02-2023, 19:19)Owlkev71 Wrote: Marvin Johnson has been charged by the FA, re the penalty incident, for improper/violent conduct

No surprise there!!
Ipswich made sure of that ..
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football...o-cfr-cluj

It never ends with them.
He's not going to have the time to sit down with Barry and discuss our 'irregularities' at this rate Laugh
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(17-02-2023, 11:05)Statesideowl Wrote: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football...o-cfr-cluj

It never ends with them.
He's not going to have the time to sit down with Barry and discuss our 'irregularities' at this rate Laugh

Probably go something like ‘ Here you go Baz, about the best we can do is this free giant bottle of senakot ‘
Statesideowl likes this post
Lee Mason busted down from Premier League officiating due to 'incompetence'
I'm sure the nice country house he'll be buying will alleviate those woes

Expect him to be in the EFL soon!
It's just going to end up like sex offenders within the church. Never actually ousted just shuffled on to somewhere else in hopes people forget.

More Qatari oil money trying to work it's way into the country.
Qatari bank chairman wants to buy Manure lmao
Country is full of criminals from the Tories to the streets and money laundering is just so blatant now.
And Bolton’s stadium is getting a new sponsor a local recycled material company.

Now to be known from next season as the “Toughsheet’ stadium. The fans are already out buying bog roll lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »