Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
As usual non of the names currently linked are very inspiring and it probably won’t get sorted quickly since apparently DC is out of the country and any foreign manager appointment would have to quarantine for 2 weeks. Let’s hope this time he really does have someone selected prior to giving Monk his P 45.

Maybe another midnight club statement release at midnight??
This will please Imre, David Wagner, ex Village boss is now 2nd favourite on skybet. Pulis is still fave, but is now evens.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Going to be a busy week of names.

Problem as always is finding a good manager that also wants the job.

We tend to just find managers that want the job, nothing more.
Imre varadi likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Wagner Is a good manager but anything that comes to us from huddershit turns into shit !
(10-11-2020, 18:37)Imre varadi Wrote: Wagner Is a good manager but anything that comes to us from huddershit turns into shit !

wagner needs something because since towns shit show of a second season he's been a broken man and tbf for most of the first prem season, he was breaking and should have gone at the end of that season. His record at the end of his time at Schalke was nothing short of abysmal, but they have been poorly run off the field for a while and probably should have stuck with Tedesco seeing as he took them into europe. Wagner needs to go to a league like austria, switzerland or even mls to rediscover what he had when he first came to england.

If I was wednesday would i look at Campbell, yes, out of the window after he's been told to do one. Pearson has said he doesnt want to manage a side where his family lives, understandable, but he is the best man for the job. steer clear of Pullis, you dont want that, sure he might solidify you, but hes a yesteryear manager.

I'd personally think about trying to tempt Jokanovic out of the desert, failing that, taking a punt on a talented up and coming coach and maybe put an experienced head along side to advise but not dictate what happens, rather than going for someone who has been stereotyped.
St Charles Owl likes this post
Another day, another door, another high, another low
One of our former players, Ryan Lowe, now favourite on Skybet.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I'd like ryan lowe and mentioned how he could be our wilder problem is he's going to need time to build which we haven't got but maybe him being used to working with shit players is where he gets the job done and his style of play is attacking an goals which Hillsborough at least is crying out for! If we could only have monk for the away games because I can't remember better results away than monks ever really? Even wilkinson and big Ron applaud him for that !
I watched recently something on youtube about him and he impressed me which we know isn't an easy task ?
Washington likes this post
I agree Imre. Lowe is one of a new generation of managers that is having some success at lower levels. There is risk with every manager no matter how experienced they are but this might be the right move now. We have a very attacking squad and he might just be able to get the best out of them.
According to some reports, Pulis is looking nailed on and could be appointed by the weekend, negotiations are still on going though.
(11-11-2020, 18:29)Owlkev71 Wrote: According to some reports, Pulis is looking nailed on and could be appointed by the weekend, negotiations are still on going though.

FFS  Doh

And NO Angry I won't give him a f'ucking chance Angry the gloves are off from day one Angry
Was Wereham Owl and Washington like this post
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »