Thread Rating:
F1 2021 reviews
(28-09-2021, 17:18)theo_luddite Wrote: Hamilton just as likely to have to start from the back in one race soon though.

One bad qualifying on a track that favors Red Bull and that new power unit will be going into Hamilton's car.
Apparently it just did.

However, it appears that when Lewis stays in the track but pushed Crash Verstappen over the white line, it's a penalty. When Crash exceeds the track limits by a long way to gain an advantage (i.e. keep the lead) and takes Lewis with him to about 3-4 x or more a car width, it's just racing.

How the hell does that work?

Helluva drive by Lewis despite the Dirty Dutchman trying to run him off the track and then weaving around more than a carpet maker to try and keep him behind him. When Lewis eventually retires I hope young up and coming drivers give it to Crash Verstappen because the FIA seem to be in love with him and his boss at Spiceworld right now. At the moment, most that get near him just try to avoid him, it at least keeps them alive. There is one exception. It makes you wonder what he'll get away with before he is finally reigned in, if ever.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
I was amazed that he didn't get a penalty of that move, good job Hamilton avoided the collision and got the job done a few laps later. The whole weekend saw amazing driving from Hamilton and now they move onto two tracks that may favor the Merc again. It will be interesting to see if Max keeps being aggressive during overtakes, he has far less to lose than Lewis does as he is ahead in the points. Max isn't the first driver to get "special" treatment, Schumacher got away with a ton of stuff as well.

Still, this season has been brilliant so far and after so many years of one car domination its great to see some actual racing.
Can't disagree about the racing, when it is racing. When it's dodgems on a track it's another matter, especially at their speeds.
A guide to cask ale.

The points are quietly being shuffled between Max and Lewis to keep interest on a high.
They may as well bring back double points for the final race ?
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
We Joe Public have been completely conned.
As if by accident Max and Lewis have ended up with the same points with one race to go.
Keeps the interest going.
But a big lesson in sporr, the people in charge decide who, how and when the champion will be crowned.
(06-12-2021, 10:25)Blue Baggie Wrote: We Joe Public have been completely conned.
As if by accident Max and Lewis have ended up with the same points with one race to go.
But a big lesson in sporr, the people in charge decide who, how and when the champion will be  crowned.

I'm not quite as cynical as you but it is amazing that we might as well have not bothered with everything that has happened so far!! Having said that, the last race is likely going to be a fascinating duel. Max has shown once again he is prepared to crash to protect the lead, that makes him both a dangerous and fierce rival to go one on one with.
Crash Verstappen has shown that he's prepared to take anyone off the track from the day he first sat in an F1 car. Who does he have to kill or seriously injure before they finally reign him in? F1 or Red Bull.
A guide to cask ale.

(06-12-2021, 22:19)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 10:25)Blue Baggie Wrote: We Joe Public have been completely conned.
But a big lesson in sport, the people in charge decide who, how and when the champion will be  crowned.

I'm not quite as cynical as you but it is amazing that we might as well have not bothered with everything that has happened so far!!  Having said that, the last race is likely going to be a fascinating duel.  Max has shown once again he is prepared to crash to protect the lead, that makes him both a dangerous and fierce rival to go one on one with.

It's like I said the FIA now decide who is going to win. It's no longer a race. Lewis had an 11 second lead on old tyres. Max has new tyres fitted and the FIA allow him to go past 5 cars and sit on the back of. Lewis for a one lap shoot out. Lewis had absolutely no chance. 
I think that's the final nail in the sports coffin for me. Sport has been replaced with meddling underhandedness to please the media. 
It's turned into another financial circus.
(13-12-2021, 09:38)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 22:19)St Charles Owl Wrote:
But a big lesson in sport, the people in charge decide who, how and when the champion will be  crowned.

I'm not quite as cynical as you but it is amazing that we might as well have not bothered with everything that has happened so far!!  Having said that, the last race is likely going to be a fascinating duel.  Max has shown once again he is prepared to crash to protect the lead, that makes him both a dangerous and fierce rival to go one on one with.

It's like I said the FIA now decide who is going to win. It's no longer a race. Lewis had an 11 second lead on old tyres. Max has new tyres fitted and the FIA allow him to go past 5 cars and sit on the back of. Lewis for a one lap shoot out. Lewis had absolutely no chance. 
I think that's the final nail in the sports coffin for me. Sport has been replaced with meddling underhandedness to please the media. 
It's turned into another financial circus.

While I wouldn't say the FIA in general support one or the other, the decisions they made at the end of that race were deliberately made to ensure we had a one lap shootout as you say purely for the publicity. They must have known that that would leave Hamilton as a sitting duck!!! For me you can forget what is being said in the media, even ignore what is being said by the two drivers and teams involved but absolutely look what the other drivers are saying about it!! Lando Norris basically said it was a made for TV shoot-out, others were a bit more diplomatic but so far all of the interviews I have seen have questioned what went on. I am happy for Max, he has been brilliant this season but you wonder if this years Championship should have an asterix against it!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »