Thread Rating:
Motherwell v Hibs - Saturday 13 April
There's not much to say about this game as Hibs have to win it to stand a chance of a Top6 place, depending on Dundee's last 2 games. To be honest, I'd rather we didn't finish in the top half, as we'll get thumped at least thrice, maybe even 5 times. It looks as though Hibs need to score 3 or 4 goals in every game to compensate for our defensive mistakes. But are our forwards really that interested in doing that?
Cabbage is still good for you
Think Motherwell have the momentum and confidence at present following some of their recent results. Being at home will be of benefit to them and they know that with the Hibs defence chances will come.

All eyes will also be on Pittodrie as Dundee have a great chance to secure top 6. They will be well rested since their game last night with sevco ,as we have seen, was called off again. Doh

Some of my Hibs supporting friends are with you on this Ritchie in that, they won't lose any sleep if Hibs finish in the bottom 6. Question is.......what happens to Montgomery if that is the case? Huh
"FOREVER UNITED"
I might well be in the minority, but I'd keep Montgomery until at least Christmas. We've got a reputation for getting rid of managers far too quickly and I'd go back to Shaun Maloney as a prime example. Give a new manager a decent amount of time to get his ideas across and get his type of players in.

Montgomery has shown he has an eye for good players, albeit some of them on loan, never to be seen again if they show promise. Give him the summer transfer window to see who he can get and get them bedded in during the first half of the season. Anyway he is the standard we can afford to pay. No matter what we want for Hibs, we will never get a top manager, who will be out of our price league.
I'm in the position of not really caring anymore. The fitba we play is so uninspiring. Personally i think its embarrassing this season if we didn't get top 6 and a european spot. He's been backed fairly well by the board in january. We have spent a fair amount of money wages wise, that's an achievable target.

The loan signings have been decent but i wonder now if they have came in via the clubs connection with Bournemouths structure rather than the manager.

He was tactically done over by that fud Levein at the weekend and he didn't have to work for it. Just stop our play down that one side we invariably, slowly move it down and you have a good chance of winning. Ive never been convinced by Fish at the back either, him and rocky are good for the opposition getting a goal or two each game. I don't think NMs record is particularly impressive, we have won something like 9 games this season ?

I get the idea of keeping sacking managers not doing us any good overall but on the other hand i think we are taking a risk sticking with him now. I'm not seeing much progress and i don't think he's tactically up to it.

Talking of Maloney - a tenure seen as car crash stuff by many - he got us to hampden, only missed out top 6 last game and he had nothing like the quality that NM has at his disposal.
0762 likes this post
Oh and as an aside ....

"turkey appoint foreign VAR officials after bias claims"

This is whats desperately needed in Scotland, where the association is completely biased towards one club and the bulk of the officials come from the lanarkshire funny handshake brigade.

If it hadn't been for police in london investigating the boumsong transfer (and how xxxx bent was that?) they would never have uncovered the hun tax dodging and the SFA who were aware would have kept covering it up.
ritchiebaby likes this post
I got my wish, but at what cost to our confidence and belief? Yet another "might have been" game.
NMs win record and game management is awful and the latter cost us again today.

Usual mix of of greed,poor finishing and shocking defending too. Not sure but I didn't see that much wrong with Motherwells disallowed goal either.

Stick or twist for us now.
And there is Ross county beating sevco there, just by being well organised and sticking to the game plan. They crumble when they face a team brave enough to have some shots and put pressure on their clowncar defence.

Our performances against them have been shockingly inept. Not much better v Celtic either.

I think we should be looking for a new manager in the summer, I think Monty is prob better suited to bring part of a coaching team than an actual manager.

I honestly think it's not a good idea to give him a summer window.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Monty on the result
I’m devastated. Really, really disappointed for everybody. We more than deserved to win the game today. We were 20 seconds away from jubilation. The fans were amazing today, they pushed us through the game, and I think they can be proud of the performance.
We have to reflect on the amount of points we’ve lost from winning positions. We should’ve killed off the game today, we had two or three opportunities to do that, and then we wouldn’t have conceded an equaliser in the 94th minute. It’s now important that everyone reflects on everything. I thought the preparation into the game was good and the boys showed a massive reaction with their performance. It’s not an easy place to come, but I thought we dominated the game. We were the team that looked likely to take three points, but we conceded in the 94th minute from a long thrown-in into the box.
We have to reflect, and the players have to reflect because this season hasn’t been good enough."

ritchiebaby on hibeejim's comments
You're spot on regarding Rangers' defence. They're just as bad as us, but generally no-one is prepared or able to put them under sustained pressure.

As far as Montgomery is concerned, I'd stick with him just now. You make valid points and I'm certain you hold the majority view. If we stutter through to the end of the season and get dragged into a relegation dog-fight, I'll be joining you.
........Fans can be proud of the performance....... Football fans are very fickle Nick, you go from hero to zero in a blink of an eye ( in the case of the Motherwell goal. Wink )

Everything was based on the result especially when most Hibs fans thought it was a game they should easily win. When a draw was not good enough I doubt too many fans were leaving the ground saying " how proud they were". Doh

Perhaps if they had been playing one of the uglies that possibly could have been true.
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »