Thread Rating:
WM tonight...
(22-04-2019, 19:21)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote:
(21-04-2019, 14:43)Phil Penn Wrote:
(21-04-2019, 14:30)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Why we just tow the line....
Nope we do more than that and rake in the money.
Typical Villa really knowhere to be seen around Febuary, Now they are the best team in England again,
No wonder most team hate the big headed Villa fans, all my family are Villa and wouldn't even answer my texts when we beat them 2-0 a few weeks back, now they are giving it the big we are this again, unbelievable if not unexpected, my life will be hell if they beat us in the playoffs, and you know what I think they will because its just my luck  Angry

We made them look ordinary last time we played, we should be confident of stuffing them. Granted we needed "the Hand of Rod" in our home game, but we still have him playing. We are saving his lucky streak for them, apparently the smell of sticking fish motivates him (BOING BONG) Laugh Thumb up Tongue Big Grin

I would have liked to have beaten Reading to-day and pressure Leeds who are faltering a bit, and with Villa winning and firmly in 5th spot, if its 4th v 5th with Villa being in form and we good or indifferent, I see them winning, which will please my relatives. Thumb down  Yuck!

I just don't see the Vile beating us, we are a better side then they are. We have played them twice one a draw the other we walked it tbh.
They keep winning, but the lucky streak has to end sooner or later. We must win and dominate the midfield and it's another walk over IMO  Big Grin
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
When you look at the losses Villa have racked up in paying wages that make them the 20th best payers in Europe, it seems to me that if they get promotion, they will have cheated their way there.
(23-04-2019, 00:01)Alouion Wrote: When you look at the losses Villa have racked up in paying wages that make them the 20th best payers in Europe, it seems to me that if they get promotion, they will have cheated their way there.

The last two season they have blown the budget, they should be relegated as a suitable punishment IMO  Thumb up
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Isn't there something about balancing the books over three years ..... if its two they have another year unless of course they get promoted like the dingles and then the slate is wiped clean .... please correct if wrong.
(23-04-2019, 16:24)4evaabaggie Wrote: Isn't there something about balancing the books over three years ..... if its two they have another year unless of course they get promoted like the dingles and then the slate is wiped clean .... please correct if wrong.

Hi 4eva. The article I have read indicates that Villa (and Derby and Sheff Wed) are in default. Middlesbrough have already tried to involve FA on this. If Villa fail to get promotion they will have to sell Grealish and the Bodymoor Heath training facility which is on the HS2 route in order to avoid contravening Financial fair play and a points deduction next year. The point is though _ they are in default now. We are not. Not sure what happens if they get promoted. Pretty sure they'll find a way through however.
Ignoring the Vile's situation for a moment, I see that Derby have now entered the play off places at the expense of Pulisboro.

Just wondered if we might see a repeat of a West Brom v Derby play off final.

With a different result of course. Doh
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »