Thread Rating:
Betfred Cup last 16 match - Hibs v Ayr United, KO 7.45pm
On a lovely night to play a game of footie, I'm sure there will be a decent turn out of Hibs fans even though it's v Ayr Utd. I think Lenny will give a game to some of the young lads and 'rest legs' for Ibronx at the weekend. C'mon Hibs, no 'banana skin' please and extend our unbeaten run!

GGTTH
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7764

FT and an impressive 5-0 Hibs win. The first sighting of that Stokes-Simon Murray strike partnership reveals an element of excitement for the future albeit it was against a young Ayr United side that kept 'plugging away'. Two goals for Stokesy, one for Murray and the pair of them combining very well! Ryan Porteous the only young player to be 'given a start' by Lenny and the lad played well with a great goal-saving tackle when the score was 1-0. This was a nice practise match before we visit Ibronx and I see Stokesy being unleashed against the huns - they'll hate that prospect!! Will Lenny 'risk' playing Simon Murray as well against a Rangers defence that looks really dodgy on 'cross baws'!? We can only wait n see.

GGTTH
hfcbounce likes this post
Lets hope so 0762 they will hate the pace of Simon Murray chasing them down all over the back I honestly think Lenny will fancy his chances through there.

If stokes scores the grunting & groaning will start big Efe & Whittaker will also be in line for a hard time from the Huns don't really care about them they never looked anything great v Motherwell lets hope the ref stands up and gets counted for what will be a hatred filled stadium from the off.

C'mon the Hibees

GGTTH
Ahhhh hfcb! The mere mention of the main match official will be of great interest to me and many other Hibs fans who have watched Rangers 'home refs' have a big say in the outcome of a match at Ibronx with some of the most biased 'game changing' decisions, particularly highly debatable PKs!! Lets hope the ref is indeed 'strong'. Otherwise Hibs may well have to win this match 'in spite of the referee' and Lenny can achieve this by employing his best defensive lineup coupled with a fast-breaking midfield and forward line.
totally professional job last night,great summers night for fitba too. Actually thought ayr did ok and looked tricky at times,but there was a real gulf between the sides last night. Incredible to think they beat us at home last season.

stokes and murray looks like what lennon had planned for up front. Looks good to me,lots of movement,skill and both can finish and provide. Stokes doesn't look totally match fit so i guess we will see for the weekend.

We will get chances at ibrox for certain - its all about keeping it tight at the back and 'starting well'.
ritchiebaby and hfcbounce like this post
I notice on rangersmedia they are saying hibs fans shouldn't be allowed in ibrox for the safety of their fans !!!!

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
The 'pot calling the kettle black' eh! And talk about stoking up hatred before a footie match even begins - absolutely irresponsible and worthy of challenge by the footie authorities or another government sports authority!!! This is all part n parcel of the way this toxic footie club operates and their officials should be rightly condemning Rangersmedia 'out of hand' (but they won't) and must be challenged by the Scot footie community - gone on for far too long and their 'poison' is continually being 'swept under the carpet' although officials of the Scottish govt have similarly hinted that they will act if Scot footie doesn't 'put it's house in order'. Rangers FC and Rangers fans still can't 'get their heads around' being 'done' in the last secs of a Scottish Cup final and also portraying themselves as the 'offended party' during the post match Hampden celebrations was despicable and nothing short of a disgrace as they continue to offend well after that legendary 2016 cup final
Its pretty clear from social media that not only do they want to beat us on the pitch they want violent revenge on our fans as well. I hope our supporters take care in the vicinity of the bigotdome (I'd certainly not go near the subway) ,and inside remind their tramp fans constantly about our cup win and how their club died as they stood by and did nothing.
Jim I can tell you right now that plans for full retribution are being prepared when Rangers fans come to Embro and certain factions of Hibs fans are 'watching with great interest' as Hibs FC/Leeann have done all they can to ensure that our fans can travel safely to this footie match and return safely. However, we all know we are dealing with absolute lunatics when it comes to this stuff and more! As for battling with huns on the electric trains! Seen it, done it and why is it still happening in 21st century Scotland - f###### ridiculous and these people should be 'rooted out of Scottish footie' using every conceivable method of identification and law enforcement! Also their footie club should be 'brought to book' in spite of their protestations that they are doing all they can to change things - pish!!
Agree 100% with what your saying guys we all no it's going to be horrific at Ibrox on sat hopefully the glesga police will do their job for hibs fans crossing the road from the coach park. (Dont hold your breath) I remember many years ago when I used to run buses from the Hibs Assocation on arriving at Ibrox we where told the car/bus park was full.
When we drove past it was more than half empty and along with other hibs coaches we where directed to park behind the centenary stand.

HFC won the game 1-0 trying to make our way back to the supporters coaches it was like world war 3 as 0762 it's been going on for ever and will continue till day doom.

We all no what to expect on Saturday I just hope everyone who travels gets home safe and sound.

GGTTH
0762 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »