Thread Rating:
Danny Handling - a forgotten Hibs player!
Listening to bbc radio sports news this afternoon and who should appear on the radio slot but none other than Danny Handling, who was refuting suggestions that Hibs players were tiring because of too many fixture commitments. I'm forgetting his horrible cruciate lig injury v Berwick Rangers during pre-season prep last July - an unlucky b##### and about 7 months out of the game! But he has recovered and I never noticed he's been on the subs' bench for the past two matches. Good luck to the lad in a squad that will be very competitive for the positions that he hopes to fill - it won't be easy!
I've noticed his name among the subs lately, but he'll not get a game from there, unless it's in the last minute. A pity, because he and Stanton were players who I thought could be first team regulars if they could gain a bit of upper-body strength. However, 9 games in 29 days in April mean that Hibs will need all the reserve capabilities they have to come through in style.
Cabbage is still good for you
These two young prospects were placed on 4 year contracts but their potentially improved form never materialised for various reasons incl the improved body strength that you mention.
Handling confirmed by Neil Lennon to be out for at least six weeks with an injury to the same knee as before. It already doesn't augur well for the lad and this injury doesn't help his future prospects!
Aye 0762, have a feeling his contract will get terminated, especially having watched our second team yesterday and showing there is a lot of competition for squad slots. Lennon saying he will find it hard cutting some of those players as he wanted to bring others in, so Handling and his knee will probably make his mind up in this instance. Shame for the lad he cannot fight for his place but good luck to him. No doubt he will make a full recovery, go to one of our rivals and come back to play blinders against us . Big Grin
"FOREVER UNITED"
He's never going to make it at hibs. Twist.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »