Thread Rating:
Peter Moores sacked
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/32658620

England coach Peter Moores has been sacked after former captain Andrew Strauss was appointed as the new national director of cricket.
Moores was relieved of his duties following a dismal World Cup and the drawn Test series with West Indies.
The 52-year-old, who also coached England from 2007-2009, said: "I will walk away knowing I've given my all."
Strauss, 38, captained England in 50 of his 100 Test matches, before retiring in August 2012.
Assistant coach Paul Farbrace will take charge of the England side for the two-Test series against New Zealand, which starts at Lord's on 21 May.
England play Australia for the Ashes later this summer.
"I knew when I took on the role that this was going to be a tough period for English cricket and I would need time and support to get new players through," said Moores.
"My frustration is not being given that time."
Reports claiming Moores was to be dismissed emerged on Friday, while England were playing Ireland in a washed-out one-day international in Dublin.
Confirmation of his sacking followed soon after the announcement of Strauss' appointment on Saturday.
Moores, reappointed England coach in April 2014, was in charge for the World Cup campaign, which saw them eliminated by Bangladesh.
He also oversaw the drawn series with a West Indies side labelled "mediocre" by incoming England and Wales Cricket Board chairman Colin Graves.
The appointment of Strauss follows the sacking of Paul Downton as ECB managing director.
His fellow former England captains Alec Stewart and Michael Vaughan also expressed initial interest in the post.
ECB chief executive Tom Harrison said Strauss was "an exceptional England captain, is an authoritative voice on the modern game and has a wealth of experience building successful teams".
Farbrace to do odi and t20 as he has had success before with sri lanka. Gary kirsten or another world class coach to do tests?
Another day, another door, another high, another low
gillespie is thought to be one of the favorites, but would he want to go up against the aussies? also he has a contract in australia for the same time we are playing suth africa, so will he want to tear that deal up?

steven flemming also mentioned, currently coaching in the ipl, viewed as one of the better younger coaches, played extensively in england, but will he be the right man at this time?

gary kirsten, also in the ipl, has overseen SA's rise to the top as well as india i believe, top quality players such as smith, kallis and tendulkar have rated him as the best coach in the world, but he is reluctanted to go the whole hog in terms of coaching atm, so he would only be part time if you could convince him in the first place.

justin langer, is supposed to be an outside bet, a good mate of strauss etc but he will be similar to gillespie in that would he want to go against his own?

other names that have been mentioned include tom moody, michael vaughan, paul collingwood & Nick Knight (both for odi jobs), graham ford might get branded around as will mick newell and robinson from sussex....

oh and a possible return for andy flower could be on the agenda

anyone else got any worthy mentions?
I think we'll win the NZ series and Farbrace wil get the job. Then going in on a high we will win back the Ashes handsomely. Big Grin
well its rumoured that farbrace was going to walk after the way moores was treated, dont think he is the sort of guy who would go against his morals for the top job, so it would raise the question as to whether his yorkie buddy is coming in. (he was JG's assistant at yorkshire)
Haven't heard Gillespie rule himself out yet, which must mean he's interested. Rolleyes
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
(11-05-2015, 18:32)Lord Snooty Wrote: Haven't heard Gillespie rule himself out yet, which must mean he's interested. Rolleyes

he hasnt said he is interested either, that means he knows that he is contractually obliged to yorkshire until further notice
WISHFUL THINKING SNOOTY,VERY VERY WISHFUL THINKING.
Trevor bayliss rumoured to be the front runner for the job now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »