Thread Rating:
Alloa v Hibs - 28/02/15
Just a quick post to get this afternoon's game a wee mention. Hibs should have no difficulty in gaining the 3 points to stretch their lead over Rangers, who drew 1-1 at Falkirk last night. However, as always, Hibs must be masters of their own destiny and be professional in all aspects of the game and be at their best and also be alert to the threat provided by complacency. Oxley's form seems to have improved since the arrival of Cerny, and in fact the whole pool of players has improved.

My Hibs team would be:-
Oxley,
Watson, Fontaine, Hanlon, Stevenson,
Fyvie, Robertson, McGeouch, Allan,
Cummings (only if he's been a good boy Whistle ) and Malonga.

Subs - Gray, Boyle and Dja Djedje.

PS - If Cummings really is a stupid idiot, acting like a spoilt brat, then I'd drop him and leave him out of the squad altogether, replacing him with Dja Djedje, with Handling as sub.
Cabbage is still good for you
Hibs lead 1-0 at half time thanks to a Scott Allan free kick. I'd gladly take that at full time, but we really should be doing much better. I hope Alan Stubbs is getting stuck into his players right now.

I said I would gladly take a 1-0 win, and Hibs have held me to my word. The only downside is that after having 63% possession, to have only 5 goal attempts and 2 on target, it suggests a distinct lack of conviction and application. I look forward to the match reports.

We're now clear in second place, 4 points ahead of Rangers, who still have 3 games in hand.
Sqeaky bum last 10 minutes I am sure but the result is all that matters at this stage!! Keep the pressure on Rangers who have to get positive results from their games in hand to catch and overtake you, so job well done today!!

Hearts look like they will not be stopped, ok Cowdenbeath are poor and were down to 10 men at 2-0 but that is how you slay an opponent!! Can't see them slipping up at all, so the playoffs is your one and only goal and you certainly have more consistency than the Gers do at the moment!!
Right from the first month of the season, the play-offs have been our only goal and finishing second will give that team a slight advantage re the number of games required to be won to be promoted. The last 3 Rangers games have yielded 4 points for them, so the finish will be tight. At the moment Rangers are our biggest rivals and they have still to play Hearts twice, Hibs once, QOS twice and Falkirk once, from the teams most likely to fill the play-off places. Hibs have to play each of the other teams once.

There are a lot of games to go yet and we'll all lose some, but our promotion prospects are in our hands, so let's go up on our own merits.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »