Thread Rating:
Scottish Cup semi-final: Hibs v Aberdeen, Sat 22 April, KO 12.15pm
Think aberdeen pressed us really well in the first 20,they gave mcginn and mcgeough no time at all. No way could they have kept that intensity up for all the game though and we would have got our chance. Problem was the start which threw everything out the window. Losing a goal from kick off (our own xxxx kickoff LOL) in 12 secs or so is just mental and should not be happening at this level. No wonder lennon was fuming.

Mcginn thought he was messi at the start,but bartley and mcgregor should just have xxxx launched it. Im still pissed off about it the day.
We actually missed that first goal Jim - late getting in to Hampden by a few mins because of the shit roadworks and signage on the M8/M74 but that's another story for another day - glad we missed that dreadful, avoidable moment but it reminds of an old footie coach's wise advice to any young defender and now mine as well - IF IN DOUBT, HOOF IT OUT - fundamental stuff for any defender at any decent level of footie and, in Hibs case, that baw should've been 'hoofed' into row Z or similar - massively disappointing that nobody could just make such an easy decision esp in such an important match for Hibs!! Rolleyes I also believe we'll be back at Hampden again sooner rather than later anyway but that's just my biased opinion lol!
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7497

Lenny and Dylan both reflecting on yesterday's disappointment and they are very similar views and sentiments of most disappointed Hibs fans. If only we could 'put the clock back' and rerun that bizarre early part of this match but that's life! As Lenny remarked in this Hibs tv interview: Football is a funny game, it can drive you mad sometimes!! Too true esp in this kinda match!
Watched the highlights the day,noticed dylan immediately pointing out his injury in the celebrations for the equaliser. That one run from our half into their box did him.

He's a good wee player but is he going to be durable enough for a top flight campaign? I have my doubts.
Is Stokes fit to play in hibs next home game??
(23-04-2017, 23:27)hibeejim21 Wrote: Watched the highlights the day,noticed dylan immediately pointing out his injury in the celebrations for the equaliser. That one run from our half into their box did him.

He's a good wee player but is he going to be durable enough for a top flight campaign? I have my doubts.

He actually injured himself when he scored that great second goal Jim. You can see his discomfort on the tv video highlights when he runs over to the Hibs fans in the North Stand after scoring the goal. That scenario was a lesser version of the El Alagui embarrassment in last season's semi-final v Dundee United and I 'point the finger' firmly in the direction of our sports science people who Hibs are using. I'd also luv to know what Hibs did in the medical checks before his signing from Celtic!
Back yesterday from a wee holiday (freeing myself up for the Final  Doh ) but watched the highlights. Everything that needed to be said about the game has already been said, but the comment from Lennon when asked whether he was surprised when some Hibs players didn't have the right attitude, was spot on. He said he wasn't surprised because he'd seen it before. That says it all in my opinion.

However we're getting our money's worth from Hibs nowadays and we must have the most consistent Scottish Cup record over the last few years.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
(24-04-2017, 22:06)ritchiebaby Wrote: Back yesterday from a wee holiday (freeing myself up for the Final  Doh ) but watched the highlights. Everything that needed to be said about the game has already been said, but the comment from Lennon when asked whether he was surprised when some Hibs players didn't have the right attitude, was spot on. He said he wasn't surprised because he'd seen it before. That says it all in my opinion.

However we're getting our money's worth from Hibs nowadays and we must have the most consistent Scottish Cup record over the last few years.

aye,be really surprised if there isn't a 'cull' with certain players getting shown the exit in the summer.
(23-04-2017, 16:58)hibeejim21 Wrote: Think aberdeen pressed us really well in the first 20,they gave mcginn and mcgeough no time at all. No way could they have kept that intensity up for all the game though and we would have got our chance. Problem was the start which threw everything out the window. Losing a goal from kick off (our own **** kickoff LOL) in 12 secs or so is just mental and should not be happening at this level. No wonder lennon was fuming.

Mcginn thought he was messi at the start,but bartley and mcgregor should just have **** launched it. Im still pissed off about it the day.

I get where your coming from Jim it was a total mess big Marv done well to win the ball back but mcgregor made the mistake in hindsight maybe Marv should have played it back to rocky and let him clear it up the park.
It was the worst start ever from a team that has a solid defence but we went from bad to worse then bolt gets us back in wee Dylan gets them panicking at 2-2 we then lose him when he was running the show for us and the rest is history as they say.

Massive credit to the hibs support though the way they backed the team all day even at 2-0 down they sang and sang brilliant a real credit to the club.

We've got the party v St mirren to look forward to and as much I hate to say it I don't think HFC would have beat Celtic in the final

GGTTH
(24-04-2017, 22:06)ritchiebaby Wrote: Back yesterday from a wee holiday (freeing myself up for the Final  Doh ) but watched the highlights. Everything that needed to be said about the game has already been said, but the comment from Lennon when asked whether he was surprised when some Hibs players didn't have the right attitude, was spot on. He said he wasn't surprised because he'd seen it before. That says it all in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQs_w6bCZls

I reckon one of a few bizarre Hibs matches that Lenny will definitely refer to is the above SC semi-final of 2013 v Falkirk when Hibs went 0-3 down in the 1st half and there is a great similarity in lethargy to Saturday's semi-final v the Dons! I remember this match so much (a match that I attended) because of that fantastic 4-3 comeback with Sparky 'leading the charge' - what a game but defensive folly by Hibs all the same! Re Lenny's cutting criticism, I recall that he actually attended that match as Celtic's manager but he was late arriving at the stadium and then left early after observing what he wanted to see - a fragile Hibs defence without a 'shadow of a doubt'! Of course Celtic won the final against us very comfortably indeed and that was another failed attempt by Hibs!! Even last season's Scottish Cup semi-final v Dundee United was fraught with palpitations for Hibs fans like myself due to more defensive indecision but a legendary 'roly poly goalie' named Conrad Logan 'stepped up to the mark' and provided us with a 'brick wall' that foiled United's goal attempts to win this game. The rest is history with a victorious pk decider and an eventual historic 3-2 win v Rangers in the Scottish Cup final, 2016! Thumb up Lenny will hopefully resolve this 'lethargic culture' when it comes to these kinda games and ensure that Hibs 'show up' and play properly from the kick off!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »