Thread Rating:
Hibs v Raith Rovers, Sat 24 Dec 2016, KO 1.00pm
The ref didn't rightly reduce their numbers to 10 men and give Hibs a numerical advantage for the whole of the second half!! Of course it potentially made a difference to our chances of winning this match!!! As said previously, the consistency of ref incompetence or a lack of vigilance is really irritating lotsa Hibs fans incl me!!! So much for FIFA rules of footie being applied properly!! Bring on video technology FFS - can't see next year's matches being any different on the refereeing front - a disgrace!!
(24-12-2016, 21:44)0762 Wrote: Hope you're right with that prediction bounce! Thumb up  We need to do something to move from a position where we scorn lotsa scoring opps time n time again and to compound the problem, the SFA assigned referee can't apply the rules of footie AGAIN  - the Skacel incidents were a disgrace and how come this offending player managed to stay on the pitch to be replaced midway through the second half???? Unbelievable but this scenario (and other contentious ones!) keeps unfolding when the offences are against Hibs - I've observed it retrospectively for our players and there is something amiss when comparing similar worse incidents!!! Thumb down  I'll take any benefit that a ref gives Hibs in tight matches like this one. The only prob is the proper decisions are not given often enough for some reason!! How many fouls did Raith's players commit in this match alone? It must've been approx 20 offences!!. Also I'll categorically say that if we had video technology currently operational in our league, just like FIFA's experimental set up in the World Club final matches, Hibs would be at the top of the Championship by a country mile - absolutely no doubt about it!!! Anyway Hibs move on to Falkirk after finally losing 'pole position' before the year has ended and this fixture is a regular 'feud match' that Hibs somehow can't handle in recent times whereas United have dealt with this poor Bairns' side in the proper way - by beating them in a 'non feud match'!! Rolleyes  Not good and I must say I'm almost at the point of conceding to a play-off situation. We've lost so much ground to our only challenger in the Championship due to various circumstances and Hibs need to 'brighten up their ideas' and win matches consistently. The Falkirk match will confirm my 'gut feeling', one way or the other. We should be beating this level of opponent comprehensively on grass or on their crap artificial pitch but Hibs forwards are not convincing me at the moment apart from Boyle who confirmed that he is an impact sub! IMO Holt and Cummings were failures today mainly because they didn't score the requisite goals!!! Keatings? My god, he had a great scoring opp to win the match in the dying mins but 'fluffed his lines'!!  Confused
I just feel 0762 that HFC can't go on missing these chances things must change for us Dundee Utd are on a good run just now but hopefully we've hit our blip in form had all long term injuries and the other team have to get through what we've had to deal with in the second half of the season.

GGTTH
(25-12-2016, 09:40)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(25-12-2016, 01:58)Inverurie Jambo Wrote: Was it the refs fault again today lads?

That trip to dens has traumatised you...clearly.

Not at all Jimbo, only asked an honest, relevant question, as a lot of chat on here after a Hibs defeat has been the fault of poor officials. In fact, in the opinion of 0762, if video technology had been in use, Hibs would be winning the league but a country mile, yet he seems now to be resigned to a play off place!!!!. Therefore, my question about referee is pretty relevant imho. Nice try at deflection mind you. Merry Xmas
Lets clarify the insinuation being made by our 'wind up friend', Inverurie Jambo, who has suddenly appeared on the Sportsbabble forum after noticeably disappearing 'off the radar' for quite a while! Why the sudden interest anyway? I suspect a bit of boredom and there's nowt to shout about re his own misfiring team as Jim has succinctly indicated in his 'deflecting (? hic!) comment'  So lets focus on 'it's all the refs' fault' insinuation because it's an easy target for such a visitor who rarely comments on our board and as for trying to disguise it with a 'picture of innocence' - nahhhh!!!
The video technology comment is a qualified one based on attending and watching Hibs matches over the months (something that said JT critic has not done!!!!) - just study Hibs current stats incl a superior GD and one of the best defensive records in Europe and yet Hibs are placed second in the Championship! Why? Well one of the main factors (not the only one) is a list of significant 'dodgy refereeing incidents' that have definitely dogged Hibs and influenced the outcome/course of certain matches - that is an observation and fact. As for the sneaky little 'jibe' re being resigned to a play off situation, lets add the missing word 'ALMOST' at the point...- that comment is solely based on the premise if the consistent level of iffy refereeing continues into the new year and certain refereeing decisions continue to affect Hibs results, it will be a threat to Hibs Championship aspirations IMO unless Dundee United implode 'big time' in the latter part of the season! We won't have a problem if the standard of ref performance hopefully 'levels off' but that's not guaranteed! I've commented in previous threads that I despise debating awful refereeing in general and particularly re certain Hibs matches and it would be a joy to just talk about the footie but this problem is there for all to see and it's not just a Hibs issue!!  It seems to be consistently endemic in Scottish footie and that's ####### ridiculous when one considers the reasonable match fees that these officials pick up!  Ask the BT Sport pundit, Chris Sutton, re this very subject and I'm damn sure he'll share very similar sentiments to mine even though the SFA has tried to suppress his critical comments re certain Scottish refs and some of the bizarre decisions that he has observed during the course of the season and these comments don't include many of our 'affected matches' either!!
hfcbounce likes this post
We do seem preoccupied by poor decisions when results haven't gone for us........and in many cases there is some justification but as I have said before many are due to the fact that they are just poor refs and many decisions for both sides are wrong. Watching the Morton game in the first half he gave us so much I can imagine the Morton lads were seething on their forums about bias towards Hibs.

However, we all get frustrated because the scorelines haven't been going for us and we keep missing chance after chance so we tend to remember decisions that were poor against us and blame the referee........but as I have said they are just sh*te and not biased as such. If we scored some of the goals that our build up play deserved and win these game comfortably we wouldn't be even mentioning the officials.

I did feel for Inverurie when Hearts went 2:0 up at Dens and guessed it must be squeeky bum time as we all know what happens when they get this lead. Smile .....again thank you to all at HMFC for last seasons cup. Thumb up

GGTTH
Paigntonhibby, ritchiebaby, 0762 And 1 others like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
In summary, we need a Hibs team that can win games in spite of the awful refereeing that we are occasionally experiencing! We don't currently have that capability with the drive and motivation required to 'turn over' teams esp in adversity! Maybe that will eventually change as Lenny continues to alter the shape and hopefully the effectiveness of the Hibs team for the better and with the full backing of the board. Also a young lad like Scott Martin is a 'breath of fresh air' and I hope that Hibs revamped scouting and youth dev system produces more young talented kids who have a decent chance of 'making the grade' as they will indeed play an important part in eventually providing a brighter future for HFC if we can find them.

GGTTH
(26-12-2016, 20:37)Inverurie Jambo Wrote:
(25-12-2016, 09:40)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(25-12-2016, 01:58)Inverurie Jambo Wrote: Was it the refs fault again today lads?

That trip to dens has traumatised you...clearly.

Not at all Jimbo, only asked an honest, relevant question, as a lot of chat on here after a Hibs defeat has been the fault of poor officials. In fact, in the opinion of 0762, if video technology had been in use, Hibs would be winning the league but a country mile, yet he seems now to be resigned to a play off place!!!!. Therefore, my question about referee is pretty relevant imho. Nice try at deflection mind you. Merry Xmas

No deflection,you fucked up at dens. You have form for that.

I can count on one hand the decent reffing performances I've seen in our games this season,mostly they have been to our detriment.

That's an honest answer.

(28-12-2016, 00:05)0762 Wrote: In summary, we need a Hibs team that can win games in spite of the awful refereeing that we are occasionally experiencing! We don't currently have that capability with the drive and motivation required to 'turn over' teams esp in adversity! Maybe that will eventually change as Lenny continues to alter the shape and hopefully the effectiveness of the Hibs team for the better and with the full backing of the board. Also a young lad like Scott Martin is a 'breath of fresh air' and I hope that Hibs revamped scouting and youth dev system produces more young talented kids who have a decent chance of 'making the grade' as they will indeed play an important part in eventually providing a brighter future for HFC if we can find them.

GGTTH

Martin should be starting,and we should maybe be seeing more of crane too.

I still have faith it will come good,but it might be a tricky spell ahead into January. And there's already been some discontent shown from the fans recently about our performances and style of play.
Aye Jim.....fans will be forgiving as long as their team keep winning albeit by an odd goal playing mind numbing football. However if draws and losses start creeping in then the dissenting voices will be heard in force.

Good to see the singing section back at the top of the East.......they can create more atmosphere from there and did on Saturday v Raith.

Just got to keep going and hopefully wait for an inevitable loss of luck and form for Dundee United............seem to remember we said that about Hearts a couple of years back ..........but I feel they were a stronger side and DU don't have the strength in depth.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
I agree Newhavenhibby we have greater strength in our squad when John McGinn & Fraser Fyvie come back it will be like two new signings in the team Dylan McGeouch is getting back to full fitness also wee Keatings getting stronger every week and Big Rocky should be back soon.

I still feel we will win the league with plenty to spare Lennon just has to get the strikers working as a pair upfront goals give them confidence now if it takes them to score off the post bar or even hits off them maybe that's all it will take either for Jason Holty or Big Graham to go on a run Keats will score no doubt about that he's not scared to havea pop from 20/25 yards or he will hit a free kick.

Yes we've got a hard run coming p but the fans mut stay with the team throughout they've been brilliant so far lets hope their continued support carries HFC through.

Also agree about the singing section moving to the top of the east terrace much much better well done lads keep it up Thumb up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »