Thread Rating:
Hibs v Raith Rovers - 02/01/16
Laugh Laugh Meant they should have had more than one player sent off 
Paigntonhibby likes this post
Yep. Good comments re a fairly flat performance today but the most important factor is picking up the 3 pts and ensuring we got a positive result v a Raith side that hardly threatened TBF. Hibs controlled this match fairly well even though it was a tight score line. Almost witnessed a potential goal of the season in the 2nd half by Jason when he lofted the ball as it passed him on the run from Hibs left flank and missed Rovers' far post by a couple of feet - that would've been a great goal. That was a poor pen kick by Jason but he thankfully managed to convert the rebound - phewwww! My MOTM was definitely Lewis Stevenson who did some sterling defending and attacking throughout this match but I gather Cummings got the nod from the sponsors. It was good to see Stubbsy giving Henry Anier some more game time, the intention being to get him up to speed in match fitness and striking.
Agree re Stevenson 0762, I have never been his biggest fan , especially when at left back, but he always gives his all and is turning into a fair LB for this league and thought he had another very good game today. I think McGeouch got the MOM.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Like EH,i've never been totally convinced by stevenson but he was good today.

The kirkcaldy cafu  Tongue
Ha ha ha and he's also our longest serving player btw! What about that exquisite Cafuesque cross that battered off their cross bar!! Thumb up And you're right enough exeterhibby - the MOTM was indeed Dylan who did have a good match as well!
Re entertainment... I think we are just going to have to accept that its not just the rangers that other teams are going to defend in depth against. More often than not in this poor,poor league its the 3pts that matter.
0762 likes this post
Another reasonably efficient performance with a nervy edge throughout. 1-0 wins all the way to the end will be good enough, but we really should be doing better.
likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
IMO we have lotsa other goal scorers who really have to 'step up to the plate' and join Jason in banging in the goals that our play deserves. One lesser example of this failing was the sitter that Liam Fontaine missed in the second half - he's clearly not a prolific goal scorer but such an exquisite cross from John McGinn should not be headed over their cross bar from 4 yards but buried in the pokey - IMO very poor heading technique!! There are others who are better than Fontaine in the striking dept and these guys should be seriously sniffing for every half chance. Keatings is one of the chief suspects and add in Malonga, Henderson, Fyvie and, to a lesser degree, McGinn and McGeouch. I'll miss out Anier because he is trying to acquire match fitness. Also where is Farid eh? If he's not gonna be part of Hibs serious charge on the Championship title, then it's time for Hibs to deal with his position asap after well over a year of recuperation from a horrible injury!!!!
Agree re Fontaine 0762. He gets in some great positions but seems unable to hit the target. Hanlon gets a few but when you compare to some of the centre halves in the past they don't seem able to convert at set pieces or corners. Ironically we looked more dangerous at these situations under Butcher but we don't want to go back there.   Doh

Rob Jones played 96 games for us and scored 8 goals. Fontaine played 247 times for Bristol City and scored 6. 

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Yep exeterhibby. These stats are no surprise. Fontaine gets into great positions but the ball generally goes past the posts, over the cross bar or straight to the opposing goalie. Jones attacked the ball with conviction and his most notable goal was a typical bullet header from a corner kick v Killie in the CIS League Cup final, 2007.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »