Thread Rating:
Dumbarton v Hibs - 08/04/15
Redemption is upon us very quickly indeed. There is absolutely no reason why Hibs can't get the 3 points on Wedneday night - well, there is one, but that would be admitting that we've bottled it again, and I'm not having that.

Dumbarton suffered a 0-3 defat to Cowdenbeath on Saturday but are currently much better than us - 6 points in the last 3 games. Even so, if Hibs cannot beat Dumbarton then there's something far wrong at the club. Namely, the players who are not getting new contracts are not trying and the loanees are not really bothered one way or the other.

Alan Stubbs needs to get his act together too, because some of his decisions, or lack of them, are quite puzzling. We seem to be heading back to the days when using substitutions positively in order to influence games is frowned upon, almost discouraged. That is what led us into the Championship in the first place, so get with it and demand full effort and desire from the players. Those who can't or won't should be out of the squad altogether - yes, you DM.

My team:-

Oxley,
Watson, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson,
Stanton, McGeouch, Robertson, Fyvie,
El Alagui, Cummings.

Subs - Forster, Allan, Dja Djedje.

I've reluctantly included Scott Allan on the bench, as despite his faults, he is still our player most likely to make the breakthrough pass and he is generally looking to attack the opposition defence.
Cabbage is still good for you
You need to get back to winning ways before you get caught by the two teams closely behind you!!
We finally got back on track with a 2-1 win over The Sons tonight. Not the most convincing scoreline, nor the most convincing performance, but 3 points all the same.

We're still letting ourselves play second fiddle for long spells, especially early in each half, and we have a nasty habit of having a very poor return on attempts on target - 4 out of 18 tonight. Must do better is the verdict.
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »