Thread Rating:
Update from Club
Busy afternoon at easter road.

Monty emptied.

SDG takes over as interim manager for the 4th time.....

Malky Mackay then appointed as the clubs sporting director.

Then CEO apparently departs (with some rather... ahem... interesting rumours about his private life)

My guess from that is if we keep the same structure our next coach will be someone connected to bournemouth working under MM and won't particularly be a name. Maybe i'm wrong though.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Has the revolving door stopped spinning yet?

I've always thought that there was a lot of "job positioning" going on behind the scenes at Easter Road. Perhaps it'll come out into the open now and hopefully give any new manager a clean start.

The articles I've seen are all quoting "The Gordon Family" as making the decisions, so they can't be blameless, but as the owners, only they can be safe. I would imagine Black Knight will have a big input re the way forward.

I can't imagine Big Malky being a popular choice with the fans, given his chequered career down south. However he'll probably come in handy as a suitable scapegoat if things go wrong again.
Cabbage is still good for you
An update, not from the Club, but from a man who says what he thinks.

Michael Stewart on the BBC website
“It’s quite clear isn’t it," Stewart said on Sportsound when asked what has gone wrong. "It’s the people making the decisions, because they keep making the wrong ones.
"There are people in important positions that are either not qualified to do that or simply aren’t very good at making big decisions. That’s been borne out by the results, by the turnover of managers, by the downward trajectory the club have been on since Jack Ross and Leanne Dempster before him left the club.
"In the process they’ve been spending more and more money than ever before. The difficulty for Malky Mackay is that there is no quick fix to this unless the Black Knight group are willing to come up with a couple of million quid to write off some of the dross that’s been brought in.
"It’s going to be a situation of flushing it out over time. This is the culmination of two or three years of gross mismanagement at the highest level of the club. I feel sorry for Montgomery but the situation just swallowed him up.”

As he says, it's quite clear what is wrong and I don't think it will get better until that is sorted out.
Montgomery had to go - no question. Anyone whos been watching our games over the last couple of months could see that. Tonights result showed the players weren't playing for him either.

I know Mackay has a bit of a ropey past in some respects but i tend to think that everyone deserves another chance. He knows the game up here really well.

But yeah, a lot of what stewart is saying rings true....worrying times.
Totally agree with you, jim.

I saw Montgomery first hand on Sunday and he was a lost soul, just going through the motions.

I couldn't care less what Mackay has said/texted in the past. It's in the past, let it go.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »