Thread Rating:
Hibs v St Mirren, 5 Feb, KO 3.00pm
Saint Mirren looking like they've found a bit of form. So this could be another stuffy match where they won't be willing to give too much away. Hibs and SM really need to start winning matches now with our strikers starting to do what they're being paid to do - scoring goals.

GGTTH
hibeejim21 and ritchiebaby like this post
If we put in the kind of shift we did midweek i think we can get the win...... If we drop off to a performance level like 2nd half v Livi then we will likely struggle.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ma...show-fight

Shaun Maloney "rallying the troops"! I think he shares the same realisation as intimated in my OP. We need to start winning games and try to attain an unbeaten run of results that will certainly push us up the league table in a matter of weeks if they can "push on" with that commitment that SM mentions in his pre-match expectation.
A great chance wasted to move up the table. Shaun Maloney not only needs to find someone out of contract who can score a couple of goals a month, but also desperately needs to sort out an apparent casual attitude problem.
Cabbage is still good for you
That was the main concern for many Hibs fans. The Livy defeat at ER Stadium wasn't a fluke. It exposed a failure on the striking front with Boyly off to Saudi and Hibs effectively losing a handy source of goals and a goal provider- they haven't compensated for that loss at all!!!! Thumb down The other strikers, who Hibs have at their disposal, are currently crap. So there is a great dependency on other players scoring the goals, but that contribution won't be enough. IMO the team is badly damaged by that Boyly transfer. That is a glaring fact based on observation!!
The Boyle transfer should not be as badly damaging to the team as you say 0762. these are supposed to be professional footballers and their pride in the team and the fans who support them should be enough to see them pull together when things are tough. Our lot have only turned in one or two decent performances in the past 15 games and have not improved since Maloney took over so it's just as well that those around us are also struggling or we would be firmly fixed in a relegation battle. The aim must be to keep our top 6 spot clear out the deadwood and start afresh for next season.
GGTTH
It is nice to think that way 1Wattie. However, the goal stats bear out what I'm saying - HIBS HAVE REMOVED A BIG SOURCE OF GOAL SCORING AND GOAL CREATION AND CAME NOWHERE NEAR COMPENSATING FOR THE LOSS. Certain Hibs players (strikers) who are not performing now were "at it" in the same way over a year ago under Jack Ross. On the subject of stats, Maloney's stats are now beginning to look dire with only 7 pts picked up since his arrival. The reasons for this collapse have been obvious for weeks and we certainly don't need Maloney "talking a good game" in post match interviews which is what is unfolding now.
Thought we were absolutely rotten.

We didn't address the requirements of what playing this system means in the last window. Instead it was a mostly a mix of projects and loans. It's going to be a long haul, but i do think he has the right ideas in terms of playing style.

We gave Mogga,Stubbsy and Lennon time because they got the fans behind them early on, Shaun doesn't seem to have quite managed that yet.
Hendo saying, "We didn't take our chances"!!!?? He is sadly one of the main sinners - no coolness or guile to score a goal, wrong decision-making, not a natural goal scorer! His scorned vg scoring opps that could've made a huge difference to Maloney's current plight - couldn't deliver!! In his defence, he's still a young lad "plying his trade"! But why play in this current situation when he has such limited experience??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »