Sports Babble - sports forum
WBA Easter Thread - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: WBA Easter Thread (/showthread.php?tid=8389)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: WBA Easter Thread - talkSAFT - 19-04-2019

Dwight Gayle again. 3-2 What a bloke!

RE: WBA Easter Thread - Beefy 1965 - 19-04-2019

Mattwilson@expressandstar

Ahmed Hegazi apologised to Jimmy Shan at half-time. Shan said: "He's been frustrated with this (ankle) injury for a number of weeks. He didn't want to come off the pitch, but credit to the man, having the humility to apologise at the first opportunity." #wba

RE: WBA Easter Thread - 4evaabaggie - 19-04-2019

THE HOPE GOES ON

With Leeds defeat to Wigan and their next two games being Brentford and Vile whilst Sheffield United have Hull and Ipswich we could be level or within three of automatic promotion going into the last game .....

Final games ..... Leeds away at Ipswich
Utd. away at Stoke
We're away at Derbyshire

It's the hope that kills you, that and being an Albion fan.

Can only see our hearts being broken, not once, missing out on top, not twice, missing out on top two but three times losing out to a vile in red hot form .......

Great result today but too little too late.

RE: WBA Easter Thread - Beefy 1965 - 19-04-2019

Haven't been to many games this season and just got in,
Some things I noticed...
Stand out players...
Gibbs, Holgate, Johansen, Gayle, and Phillips when he came on.
Liabilities...
Sam Johnson, not commanding his box at all, first goal went through his hands, think the second one was a cross so got caught out I think.
At 2-2 he let one ball roll straight across the six yard box and just stood there, Bartley meh, Tosin got done down the flanks when he came on,
Harper.... Absolute dross looks like he's made his mind up not to be here next season did nothing didn't track back etc, watch there first goal, Kane picks it up on the half way line runs past Harper who well I must say amazed me as he then jogged along side him, no challenge then stopped as he reached the box, shot went in and he just turns around and shrugs his shoulders,
I hope this isn't another petulant kid thinking he is bigger than our club ?
Shout out for Brunt today who looked impressive today his range of passing was a joy, I hope it's not just a flash in the pan,
Gayle is just running everywhere will give anyone nightmares, top bloke today Thumb up

RE: WBA Easter Thread - aries22 - 20-04-2019

(19-04-2019, 17:36)BaggieMan Wrote: Whatever happens promotion-wise this season we need a new keeper!
Johnstone just isn’t good enough.

Both Hull’s goals seemed to just go straight through him.

(19-04-2019, 19:40)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Mattwilson@expressandstar

Ahmed Hegazi apologised to Jimmy Shan at half-time. Shan said: "He's been frustrated with this (ankle) injury for a number of weeks. He didn't want to come off the pitch, but credit to the man, having the humility to apologise at the first opportunity." #wba

He either needs disciplining or having his fitness to take the field in the first place questioned.

(19-04-2019, 20:20)4evaabaggie Wrote: THE HOPE GOES ON

With Leeds defeat to Wigan and their next two games being Brentford and Vile whilst Sheffield United have Hull and Ipswich we could be level or within three of automatic promotion going into the last game .....

Final games ..... Leeds away at Ipswich
                             Utd.    away at Stoke
                             We're away at Derbyshire

It's the hope that kills you, that and being an Albion fan.

Can only see our hearts being broken, not once, missing out on top, not twice, missing out on top two but three times losing out to a vile in red hot form .......

Great result today but too little too late.

Just makes you think of the two most recent defeats. Six points gone which could have seen us on 82 points this morning.
In truth, though, the damage was done months ago in our dismal home form.

RE: WBA Easter Thread - 4evaabaggie - 20-04-2019

Aries, even those two defeats pale into insignificance when you consider all the late points dropped due to trying to playing out from the back or abysmal defeats to Leeds and Sheffield utd because of square pegs / round holes ....... if we had played the right players in the right places under the right formation, wins were possible. That would also put us on 82 with Leeds and utd on 79. Late goal to Norwich, another three point swing,

To many mistakes, too many poor performances, too many giveaways. We can all say what if, truth is as a club, board down to players, we have not deserved automatic promotion and now the vile will probably beat us, having closed down a substantial gap and go up in the same way we hunted down and surpassed wolves in 2002 ....

RE: WBA Easter Thread - BaggieMan - 20-04-2019

Just watched the Hull goals - Johnstone was at fault with both. Pub League mistakes by a pub league keeper.
I’m sure we would still be in line for automatic promotion if we hadn’t got this clown between the sticks and we’d kept Ben or even played Boaz.

First on the summer shopping list - new keeper.

RE: WBA Easter Thread - Beefy 1965 - 20-04-2019

I quite like Bond when he's played to be honest
He must wonder why we bought him !!
A bit like Hoolahan Doh

RE: WBA Easter Thread - Blue Baggie - 21-04-2019

I just can't bring myself to criticise our players, Managers, tactics, owners, anything that's not on the pitch on match days I am OTT on tbh.
Bond does need a game or 2 for several reasons, he does look an accomplished keeper - it reminds me of the Shilton / Clemance era.
I think Shilton won it over time, but Clemance had a fair few games. Good job or Shilton would have got almost 200 caps.

RE: WBA Easter Thread - WBA-Josh - 22-04-2019

Team is:

Johnstone
Dawson - Bartley - Tosin
Holgate - Harper - Field - Townsend
HRK - Rodriguez - Murphy

0-0 almost half-time.