Sports Babble - sports forum
Matchday Tickets - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: National League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+----- Forum: Chesterfield (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+----- Thread: Matchday Tickets (/showthread.php?tid=8044)

Matchday Tickets - spireitematt - 19-01-2019

At Chesterfield FC, we want to make sure that all of our supporters receive a fast and efficient service when purchasing match tickets.

However, as part of the ongoing FA enquiries and in light of the recent Banning Orders issued by the club, the following changes will be implemented with immediate effect:
  • Match tickets must now be recorded against your Customer Record on our ticketing system.
  • You may be asked to provide proof of ID, including age. Please bring this ID with you.
  • Online tickets will now be available up until two hours before kick-off for collection and up until one hour before kick-off with the 'Print at Home’ facility.
  • Ticket office windows will close 15 minutes before kick-off.
  • There will be ticket checks at turnstiles on matchdays.

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/2019/january/20190118-purchasing-of-match-tickets/

"Match tickets must now be recorded against your Customer Record on our ticketing system" Does this mean everyone who purchases a ticket will be put on a database? What about data protection?

I can understand being asked for ID if you were buying a Concession ticket for example but not for an Adult. Also when it says "Proof of ID" does that mean names, address, contact details etc as well as your date of birth? You only get asked for ID if you look too young to buy a pint in a pub. Also why shut the ticket office 15 minutes before kick-off it doesn't make sense.

Makes you wonder if there is an ulterior motive behind this.

RE: Matchday Tickets - Dancingwilldoit - 19-01-2019

Yes Matt, the ulterior motive is to stop banned lunatics getting into the ground and invading the pitch.

RE: Matchday Tickets - St Charles Owl - 19-01-2019

Most of that looks like standard practice at SWFC. When I come over and want a ticket I use my SWFC Client ID to buy it and then have to show a photo ID to pick the tickets up.

RE: Matchday Tickets - spireitematt - 19-01-2019

(19-01-2019, 20:53)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: Yes Matt, the ulterior motive is to stop banned lunatics getting into the ground and invading the pitch.

But you can't tar everyone with the same brush. Having people's detail's isn't going to stop pitch invasions. I can understand buying tickets over the phone or online and picking them up from the ticket office on Matchday that you'll need ID to prove you are the person who bought them over the phone or online.

How would the club go on if we still had pay on the turnstile? Also what do they do with the information they collect and where does it go? Do they share it with 3rd parties? What happens if you don't have ID or refuse to give these details? Are you then denied a ticket and entry?

This is an ID scheme in all but name only. This is very similar to what Thatcher wanted in the 80s that all football fans have ID cards. This is what the Tories want to bring in for General Elections.

(19-01-2019, 21:09)St Charles Owl Wrote: Most of that looks like standard practice at SWFC. When I come over and want a ticket I use my SWFC Client ID to buy it and then have to show a photo ID to pick the tickets up.

That's different though Charles, that's when you buy ticket's online or over the phone and I can understand that.

RE: Matchday Tickets - SaltergateBorn - 19-01-2019

I raised the question on another thread about how the bans would be enforceable; this, in part anyway, appears to be the answer. Personally, I don`t have a problem with any of it. I usually buy my tickets on-line anyway, so it won`t make much difference to me and I hope that it goes some way at least towards convincing the FA that the club is taking crowd behaviour seriously.

RE: Matchday Tickets - spireitematt - 18-10-2019

This is tomorrow's preview for the FA Cup against Wrexham.

Tickets:

To purchase your ticket(s) online, please click here. Don't forget that tickets bought from the ticket office on matchday increase by £1.

Match tickets must now be recorded against your Customer Record on our ticketing system.

You may be asked to provide proof of ID, including age. Please bring this ID with you.

Online tickets will now be available up until two hours before kick-off for collection and up until one hour before kick-off with the 'Print at Home’ facility. Online sales end an hour before kick-off.

Ticket office windows will close 15 minutes before kick-off.

There will be ticket checks at turnstiles on matchdays.

It feels like they are alienating supporters. What if supporters don't have proof of ID? The Tories are trying to bring this in for voting and it turns out 11 million people in this country don't have ID and 3.5 million don't have any photographic ID.

It feels like they are trying to get fans to buy tickets online. When I went to Stockport, I bought tickets online and it was rather an easy process, went to eventbrite which Stockport use and had to put in my details and printed the tickets off and when you went through the turnstile a guy with a reader or an iPhone scanned the tickets.

RE: Matchday Tickets - Dancingwilldoit - 19-10-2019

Matt, I think this is because somebody has realised after all these years that people can buy a Juvenile ticket on line and admit an adult. My youngest knows quite a few that do.

RE: Matchday Tickets - spireitematt - 19-10-2019

(19-10-2019, 17:25)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: Matt, I think this is because somebody has realised after all these years that people can buy a Juvenile ticket on line and admit an adult. My youngest knows quite a few that do.

I remember being at a game many years ago when the stadium had just opened and this adult told his kid to go get 2 Juvenile tickets from the ticket office.

Went to Macclesfield vs Chesterfield at Moss Rose about 10 years ago and I paid on the turnstile and had my Student ID to get in but the guy on turnstile took my Student ID off me and made me pay as an adult as he didn't believe I was a student.