Sports Babble - sports forum
Taking The pi55 !! - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: Taking The pi55 !! (/showthread.php?tid=8036)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Taking The pi55 !! - Beefy 1965 - 16-01-2019

So the club for years that has laid on free coaches for away games now asks the players to fund the coaches,
I give up Doh

Technical director Luke Dowling will encourage #wba players to fund coach travel for away fans to a game later this season https://t.co/fQKYm7obQQ

RE: Taking The pi55 !! - BaggieMan - 16-01-2019

Things must be bad!

RE: Taking The pi55 !! - drewks - 17-01-2019

That's terrible - it's not as if the players can afford it Confused

RE: Taking The pi55 !! - talkSAFT - 17-01-2019

I like it.
It's good psychology to create togetherness. Sounds like a Big Dave policy - fair play to him.
(I'm pretty sure the Club would slip the players a bit more bonus; however, fans will definitely warm to this.)

RE: Taking The pi55 !! - Baggie_One - 17-01-2019

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/01/17/west-brom-take-out-bank-loan-so-they-can-do-january-business/

Heard this story before..........................where has the investment gone

RE: Taking The pi55 !! - Onetruebaggie - 17-01-2019

I think when you come out of the greed league, you literally financially dry up, we don't get promotion this year or next year, wilderness becomes a possibility! We really do need to nurture the kids alongside the seasoned pro's to become more self sustaining in the future, if there is no money, there is no money, no point whining and bitching! If the salaries are £38m and the parachute is £41m, that's little leftover on top of season tickets, day passes, merchandise and refreshments. I think we are all in for a rude awakening, that said, I like the idea of being self sustaining and living within our means, it's a trait more of us have had to live with in these austere times, no harm in our club practising what's being preached!!

COYB

RE: Taking The pi55 !! - Blue Baggie - 17-01-2019

(17-01-2019, 14:08)Onetruebaggie Wrote: I think when you come out of the greed league, you literally financially dry up, we don't get promotion this year or next year, wilderness becomes a possibility! We really do need to nurture the kids alongside the seasoned pro's to become more self sustaining in the future, if there is no money, there is no money, no point whining and bitching! If the salaries are £38m and the parachute is £41m, that's little leftover on top of season tickets, day passes, merchandise and refreshments. I think we are all in for a rude awakening, that said, I like the idea of being self sustaining and living within our means, it's a trait more of us have had to live with in these austere times, no harm in our club practising what's being preached!!

COYB

I maybe incorrect but this years parachute payment was calculated at approx £55 Million and next years Approx £45 Million  - 3rd year at £15 Million as stated.
Not sure why it's now £41 some manipulation of figures going on somewhere or my calculator is useless.  Doh
Checking its based on 55% of previous years PL money - it was £95 million so 55% = £52 Million NOT £41 MILLION - It's OK because i'm a thick idiot.

RE: Taking The pi55 !! - Beefy 1965 - 17-01-2019

Things get better and better

And #wba have confirmed that The Liquidator had been removed from the pre-match playlist for now, "owing to complaints about the bad language it generated among some supporters."

Also the free coach idea was the new blokes from Forests idea
Yeah the players can afford it so can't the club who have every season laid on coaches ?

The loan is a complete joke we sold Chadli for 12 million deadline day
Profits for 2016 were 38 million followed by a loss of 40 million, no great difference there
Every year in the premisership we made a profit bar 1 year so that tops up the coffers,
Since then parachute payments , players wages halved, players sold, yes bought a couple but a net spend so far if minus 10 million.
Now according to Matt and the express and star the loan is not really going to buy much, maybe a loan and pointed out we already signed Holgate
So I pointed out we also sent Harvey Barnes back.
No reply
When asked why the Bank loan
He has replied clubs who usually loan money loan it off their owner interest free.
Lai has not intentions of even covering a loan let alone anything else.
Twitter is over the top I know but hundreds on their have had enough if Lai as he clearly has no interest at all
So no more signings of wow that's a good signing
I hope he realises if we don't get up by the end of next season a fight for survival will begin in the championship,
And finally an ode to JP
Thanks for only selling to a owner who could take us to the next level as you promisedo, turned the fossuns down and gave us Lai Rolleyes
Lai is tighter than fooking you you bald Idiot hope you choke on your 200 million in the tax haven of Jersey Doh
Good luck Dave although your subs leave a lot to be desired how you have us third in the league is amazing if somehow you get us up with the wimps above you in charge you deserve a knighthood. Angry

RE: Taking The pi55 !! - Dingle-Dingle - 17-01-2019

Lai the Liquidator is in charge of the club. "Probably loading all Palms debts on the club whilst milking assets. Then when the club goes bankrupt Palm are free of debt".

RE: Taking The pi55 !! - Blue Baggie - 17-01-2019

(17-01-2019, 21:53)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: Lai the Liquidator is in charge of the club. "Probably loading all Palms debts on the club whilst milking assets. Then when the club goes bankrupt Palm are free of debt".

You shouldn't say things like this even in jest, when a multi billionaire has to go cap in hand to Barclay's for a loan, he has issues. Our owner is plainly not stupid and I have feared since he purchased the club he would strip it. I know everyone say's he cannot do that. If he's in charge he can do what he wants, we will only know what he wants us to know. Tell me one person who thought the Chadli money would never be available. Fair play to Jenkins he made sure the sale went through on the last day so 4 months would pass before we knew his sale was a set up. Hands up anyone who thought we would need more loans to see us through this season - not many if any. Why is this? One thing we do know! no money will be available for transfers in the summer now.  
A bad stench is settling over the Hawthorns. I've said forever Jenkins Pi & Lai are not to be trusted - always had the response they have done nothing to suggest they have our clubs best interests at heart. None of them care, they are just lining there pockets and will dump us when we're bankrupt. Another so called HARSH post from me again.  Doh
I have no proof and much of this is guess work, i'm just applying common sense.
Goes to show the dream bids for DACK was all made up as we never had the money. JENKINS is a LIAR and don't forget it.