Sports Babble - sports forum
Oh no...........bye bye Harvey - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: Oh no...........bye bye Harvey (/showthread.php?tid=8015)

Pages: 1 2

Oh no...........bye bye Harvey - Baggie_One - 11-01-2019

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/01/11/harvey-barnes-recalled-by-leicester-west-brom-fans-react-on-social-media/

RE: Oh no...........bye bye Harvey - WBA-Josh - 11-01-2019

If I was Harvey I’d be annoyed at this. Leicester recalled him from his loan last season and then barely used him. What’s to say that it won’t happen again to him? Gray, Ghezzal, Albrighton and Maddison are already at the club and are more established than Harvey is at the moment. How does he going back to sit on the bench or play in the under-23’s help him more than playing for a promotion chasing club and being one of the first names on the team sheet? Mind boggling decision that smacks of desperation to me.

What Darren needs to work out now is the short-term replacement for him. He can bring in Sako on the left or move Rodriguez to the left and put Gayle down the middle or he could move Gibbs forward from left back to left wing with Brunt in at left back or switch to a narrow diamond that doesn’t require wingers.

Long term we have a couple of weeks to spend some actual money on a quality replacement.

RE: Oh no...........bye bye Harvey - BaggieSteve - 11-01-2019

I totally agree with Josh. It's disappointing to lose Barnes although not entirely surprising, given the ever louder rumours circulating from Puel in the last two weeks. Such is the downside of a loan deal, made more painful if the player becomes an integral part of your team. It will, therefore, be extremely galling if he goes back to Leicester to warm the bench and gets precious little game time.

However, this really puts the pressure on Moore as to how he will deal with this loss. I'm hoping he won't revert to packing the midfield with ageing, slow players but rather recognise what Barnes' youth and style brought to the team, how it added to our success and,so, looks to replicate it in some way but accepting any replacement won't be as impactful as Barnes. So, Darren, either start to play some of these exciting young players we all believe we have or sign someone who can bring that spark and verve that Barnes did...and do us a favour and don't sign one of your old 30+ years old mates!

RE: Oh no...........bye bye Harvey - Beefy 1965 - 11-01-2019

What wankers and on the eve of our biggest game of the season.
A season's long loan should mean just that.
Stupid option to recall has fooked us up although I suppose we wouldn't have had him in the first place if we didn't agree to it.
All this and Villa were about to lose Tammy Abraham now he is staying with them after all .
It seems as a club everything conspires against us.
I can't see how we can replace his creativity, goal scoring ability and the ability to take a player on with someone else.
These players a few and far between.
All I can say is good luck for the future Harvey,
Oh and fook of Leicester Angry

RE: Oh no...........bye bye Harvey - drewks - 11-01-2019

That's a real shame but :
1) He's not ours
2) We should never be as reliant as we ARE on loan players
3).... and most importantly, this has always been a real possibility. Let's hope that there Is a Plan B regarding a short term adaption of our set up, and a replacement lined up for this window. If either of these hasn't been planned for I'll be as despondent as Phil P.
Well, nearly. Rolleyes

RE: Oh no...........bye bye Harvey - Onetruebaggie - 11-01-2019

Aymen to all of the above, Gutted! I think moving Gibbs to the left and Brunt at left back is a stop gap for now! I wish him well but it really screws up our plans for the 2nd half of the season, I think play offs at best this year as I thought from the outset!!

COYB

RE: Oh no...........bye bye Harvey - Blue Baggie - 11-01-2019

(11-01-2019, 17:27)drewks Wrote: That's a real shame but :
1) He's not ours
2) We should never be as reliant as we ARE on loan players
3).... and most importantly, this has always been a real possibility. Let's hope that there Is a Plan B regarding a short term adaption of our set up, and a replacement lined up for this window. If either of these hasn't been planned for I'll be as despondent as Phil P.
Well, nearly.  Rolleyes

I'm fine with it, frustrating we have so many loans tbh. Glad we had HB for a while. Would have been nice for him to make a cameo appearance for him and the fans. Sako was always HB reserve so he should step up. I would have liked Edwards to have a run in the side, but we know Darren has no faith in any of our youngsters. I see this as a sad reflection on himself especially as he has grown them from kids to men. I suppose we can get a few quid for them to justify keeping the academy running. As for us as a club now - I said before Barnes went we must invest NOW if we want to go up or we go down. Jenkins and his crew need to decide. (20 days left) Our current squad are 2 or 3 quality players short of getting an auto promotion place. Our remaining quality players will be off as soon it is clear no investment is forthcoming. We are digging a hole and it's just got a little deeper with Barnes leaving. But hey ho I'm sure people we be along to tell me how well we're doing and our future is looking bright.  Doh

RE: Oh no...........bye bye Harvey - Baggie_One - 11-01-2019

Fear not, Giles Barnes will step up

RE: Oh no...........bye bye Harvey - Arcane Astral Aeons - 11-01-2019

was always going to happen
hope that Leicester realise how good a player he is-and he will only get better
just hope for Harvey`s sake that they actually play him
otherwise they will be wasting this guys obvious talent
lets not get downhearted(although it kinda feels like a death in the west brom family)

would like to thank Harvey for his contribution to our great club,just a shame it was cut short
best of luck to the guy

RE: Oh no...........bye bye Harvey - WBA-Josh - 11-01-2019

I wonder if this could be Edwards’ big chance. He had a good pre-season with us playing on the left side of midfield before Barnes came to the club.

Short term I do think it will be Sako.