Sports Babble - sports forum
Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 (/showthread.php?tid=7778)

Pages: 1 2

Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 - bomberbrown1968 - 11-11-2018

The weeks PL looks a bit like the real thing - a league with 3 leagues within it!! At the top acting like “Man City” we find Derby on 15 points, a week of consistency for him only marred by missing on the BB. Zinman comes in second on 10 points, once again he didn’t play the Gamball - one of 3 players who bottled that one this week - although it did save him 3 points and being the only one to get any positive point on the BB made up for the lack of any real consistency!!

We then drop down to the “Evertons” - Amelia leading the way on 7 points courtesy of WBA getting their win on the Gamball. Worldclass is near the top again, but this time with only 6 points, missing both balls didn’t help. BBB and Sanjay both ended on 4 points, BBB didn’t play the Gamball and it cost him 2 extra points, Sanjay did and happily got those points!! Beefy rounds out the “Evertons” on 2 points and seems to becoming the second Zinman by not playing the Gamball, but like with Zinman he saved himself 3 points but still has to look himself in the mirror tomorrow!!!

The “Fulhams” this week are Matt, a second straight week scoring zero points, SCO on -1, only thanks to Man City and that late 3rd goal and in last place was Lord Snooty who managed to get every prediction wrong and score the minimum possible!!!!

There were only 6 correct scores this week out of 100 match predictions, got to be the lowest so far this season, add to that only one correct BB with the rest getting it wrong and you can see why the PL only scored a paltry 42 points!!! Looks like we all need the international break to rest those typing fingers and get fit and ready for the push through to Xmas!!!

Cheers
SCO

Considering the difference between the highest and lowest scores this week was 20, it’s worth noting that’s exactly the number of points separating 1st down to 8th , last year that gap was over a 100 points, so it’s encouraging that things are as tight as they are as we go into another international break.

Top of that heap for now is St Charles who can thank the Manchester derby result for that as his lead was cut to just 3 points by BBB in 2nd.

Matt’s little slump continued as he failed to trouble the scorers for the second week running and as a result is now having to share 3rd with the ever improving Worldclass who although not repeating his heroics of the last few weeks, did still manage an above average week that saw him as the top scorer in the top 4.

Another climber this week was Zinman moving into 5th just a point further back and when you consider there’s an 11 point swing for how lucky you are with the Gamball then he could realistically be top after the next round of games – hold on he doesn’t do Gamballs – so scrap that last sentence Tongue .

Derby is another upwardly mobile predictor hoisting himself up 2 places and into 6th scoring 45 points in the last 3 weeks.

When players move up the table it obviously means others have to be on the slide and Beefy seems to be in freefall as he drops another 2 and down into 7th, hard to believe that he was 2nd six weeks ago but in those 6 weeks since has only added 44 points to his total Sick , Sanjay likewise slips a place down into 8th and is currently the holder of the relegation play-off position, but as I mentioned at the start of the write up it’s tighter than Beefy’s wallet Rolleyes from the top all the way down.

Amelia will need a few consistent decent weeks to haul herself out of the bottom 2 though she did pass the 100 point mark for the season this week which leaves us with her other half, Snooty adrift at the bottom and 40 odd points from safety thanks in the main to his second minus of the season.

Bomber

Quite possibly the worst week ever for predictions - certainly the Championship's lowest total score of the season so far. Nobody in double figures, not a single correct bonus prediction (don't see what was so difficult myself Whistle ), only 3 correct score predictions and three games producing a negative score. Sadly 2 no-shows this week and I suspect that we have to assume that Spireitematt has dropped out.

Top this week is Bomber with a huge (relatively speaking) 8 points. Bomber got 33% of this week's correct scores and was brave enough to gamble on Albion. Quantum takes second place, another to place faith in the Baggies, though in his case not quite enough to play his gamball - 2 points thrown away. 4eva takes third place - just 2 correct predictions but fortunately one of them happened to be the gamball.

Twerton was another player to get a score correct, but not a lot else and Stairs managed to just stay in positive figures thanks to 3 correct results and a bonus ball. Themaclad was grateful for a correct score which just about kept him positive. Baggieone failed to trouble the scorer and avoided the humiliation of a negative total thanks to his score ball point from the Manchester derby.

And talking of humiliation, last place this week goes surprisingly (OK maybe not that surprisingly) to Joker. It could have been worse as on Saturday night Joker was looking at a complete wipe so a final score of minus 2 probably doesn't look quite so bad!

Zin

Another depleted week both numbers and points wise in the championship as only one position change from last weeks table, although from a personal point of view I’ll call it a significant one Whistle .

Themaclad still leads the way but his 16 point lead of a few weeks ago is now down to just 4 as both Bomber who climbs that notable place and Quantum close in to narrow that gap in a share of 2nd.

4eva lost a little ground with another Bonus nightmare and had he not lost all of those 20 points on it he would be well in the thick of things for the top if not top himself.

Turkeydinner looks like he’s jumped ship but still holds 5th ahead of Stairs who’s failure to overtake has more likely than not got a lot to do with the 26 points he’s forfeited on the Gamball, while BaggieOne has only lost a few less and sits in 7th
Twerton picks up odd points here and there but nowhere near enough to move up the table and his season high of 15 remains the second lowest in the league.

Spireite appears lost without trace, but Joker can get nowhere near him as he’s tending to lose points rather than gain them and is actually showing one point less than he had 3 weeks ago.

Bomber

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 - Zinman - 11-11-2018

Beefy's falling apart again......

Who needs the gamball when you can be the only person to get the bonus right - 8 point swing on just one game.

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 - bomberbrown1968 - 12-11-2018

(11-11-2018, 23:33)Zinman Wrote: Beefy's falling apart again......

Beefy's hard luck stories are always harder luck stories than anyone else's Laugh

He'll be on when everyone else has gone to bed Wink

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 - Beefy 1965 - 12-11-2018

It's only 22.44 and you lot are in bed??
Triple wuss Angel
You guys make me laugh when I have a bad week making such a big thing over it when I'm only a few points off the top !!
One good week after the International break and I could easily be top..
I was in a similar position last year and where did I finish?
Keep taking the pee at your peril Whistle

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 - bomberbrown1968 - 12-11-2018

(12-11-2018, 00:47)Beefy 1965 Wrote: It's only 22.44 and you lot are in bed??
Triple wuss  Angel
You guys make me laugh when I have a bad week making such a big thing over it when I'm only a few points off the top !!  
One good week after the International break and I could easily be top..
I was in a similar position last year and where did I finish?
Keep taking the pee at your peril  Whistle

"Automated reply"

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 - TheFunkyJoker - 12-11-2018

Just so everyone knows, I'm doing badly on purpose in order to have a record low score no one will beat in future seasons Whistle

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 - Beefy 1965 - 12-11-2018

(12-11-2018, 01:43)TheFunkyJoker Wrote: Just so everyone knows, I'm doing badly on purpose in order to have a record low score no one will beat in future seasons Whistle

You say that every Year Laugh

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 - Zinman - 13-11-2018

(12-11-2018, 03:02)Beefy 1965 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 01:43)TheFunkyJoker Wrote: Just so everyone knows, I'm doing badly on purpose in order to have a record low score no one will beat in future seasons Whistle

You say that every Year  Laugh

And to be fair, Joker is probably the only one who achieves his objectives.

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 - Beefy 1965 - 13-11-2018

(13-11-2018, 13:10)Zinman Wrote:

True Laugh

RE: Prediction League Results/Tables Week 13 - bomberbrown1968 - 13-11-2018

(13-11-2018, 15:52)Beefy 1965 Wrote:
(13-11-2018, 13:10)Zinman Wrote:

True  Laugh

I seem to remember an objective of a 20+ week about 6 weeks ago from someone - still waiting Whistle